Has anyone gotten their Alexa strapped shortend?

Finally made it to Mulberry today to check out the Alexa in person. The leather is lovely...and the smell (or the smell of the whole place I guess). Anyway I was really surprised at how long the strap is. The SA said that it is mostly used as crossbody when using the strap but I am not a crossbody person. She said I could get a cobbler to put a few more holes in the bag. Wondering if anyone has done that or do you use your Alexa strictly as a shoulder bag as is? I guess I'm just used to having a bag that sits under my arm more (like a hobo). I wouldn't get it that short but somewhere so it sits on the top of my hip I guess. Any thoughts? Thanks.

If u put both hooks on one side. Thread the long strap through the gold bit on the opposite side. Then do up the buckle at the top to the length u desire u can carry it on ur arm. See my photo. I ring the changes depending on my mood. Sometimes long sometimes short. It's not perfect but it works. Have a go u will be impressed. Let me know how u get on. X

Attachments

• image-1074363917.png
    image-1074363917.png
    859.7 KB · Views: 621
I do the same thing with my Alexa strap too. Was contemplating about cutting it shorter before and after learned this trick from a tpf member, I'm so glad I didn't.

I got an SA at the Mulberry flagship store on Bond Street to punch some extra holes in my Alexa strap and I think some of the HOF Mulberry concessions will also do this for you if you ask nicely ! The SA at Mulberry made me sign something to say that I was having the holes punched at my own risk (so that I basically didn't come back and complain that they'd ruined my bag). They weren't over the moon about helping me out with this service but they did it nevertheless. Might be worth a try if you decide to take the plunge.

If u put both hooks on one side. Thread the long strap through the gold bit on the opposite side. Then do up the buckle at the top to the length u desire u can carry it on ur arm. See my photo. I ring the changes depending on my mood. Sometimes long sometimes short. It's not perfect but it works. Have a go u will be impressed. Let me know how u get on. X

Very clever! Thanks for the pic. :smile:

how do you pass the clip through that gold bit/hole? Mine is big and doesnt look like it can

nielnielniel said:
how do you pass the clip through that gold bit/hole? Mine is big and doesnt look like it can

I think you undo the strap, put both clips on one ring and then put the end with the holes though the gold ring and do the buckle up again? I've just had a go with mine and the clips are too big but I can do it this way. HTH :smile: