Has anyone every considered a TPF Get Together?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was just reading another thread about Purse Parties, and this just came to mind...
    Has anyone ever thought of having an annual (or semi-annual) get together for all the members of TPF??

Ebay has their ebay convention once a year, and from what I hear, lots of people attend. Wouldn't it be cool if we find a centrally located spot, rent out a bunch of rooms in a hotel and have a get together - kind of like a Meet-n-Greet for all the members of TPF?

There could be events - like a swap meet, where everyone can add bags to be swapped for others. There could also be like a small flea market - where you could sent up a table w/bags to sell. Advice tables - maybe an authentication spot. We could even seek out handbag retailers to sponsor the event! Hold drawings for our favorite handbags!

Everyone could go out for a night - maybe have a nice sit-down dinner.

I think it would be a lot of fun - putting faces w/all the names!!!

Just curious whether or not anyone's ever thought of this and/or considered it. How many people would be up for it? Would be willing to travel? Have a hand at making it happen?

2. What a lovely idea. I'm new to the forum and as far as I am aware they do have TPF meets in various locations/cities. I believe what you are suggesting would be more of a convention - I for one would definately make the effort to try to get there.

3. :tup: Me too i would love to meet the girls from the PF and i would make a BIG effort to get there.

4. There have been a few of these (though on a smaller scale than what you're suggesting, I think). I know the Washington DC area folks met (maybe last summer?). I also saw a thread a couple of weeks ago for a series of get-togethers in different parts of the world. You may want to search.

If you did a convention sort of thing, someone would have to work out some serious logistics!

5. Of course, it wouldnt be easy - but if there was enough interest, it would be a GREAT idea! Probably have to find out where a majority of members live - east coast, west coast, midwest - and decide where the most practical location would be. Of course, my vote would be for the midwest - not just because I'm from Chicago, but because it's in the middle.

I think it could be so much fun - and if went over well, it could be something done once a year!!!:tup:

We could even ban husbands/BFs and make it a ladies' weekend only!!! (or we could drag 'em along, and they could all attend a Men's Only "Support Group" together and grype about their wive's/GF's HB purchases and complain about how they just don't get it!!!!)

(we could even have a special bag made up just for the event!!! Oooo - how fun would that be?!?!)

6. Perhaps Megs would do something near her location, Columbus, Ohio?

7. Maybe post on this topic in General Discussion? I don't know if it's been tried. The forum is about 2 years old.

8. That's a good idea...but one that takes sponsors! One would think that one of these handbag manufacturers would want to help put something like this on, especially if they made up a special tPF bag!

9. And I visualize surrounding the meeting room with tables and tables set up with the most beautiful designer bags all at a FABULOUS prices!!! All those we drool over in pics, we could fondle and purchase to our heart's content!! Of course, in addition to the special tPF bag.....