Has anyone ever taken their items to a "I Sold It On E-bay" store?

Irishgal

I run with scissors
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
While I have sold on E-bay in the past I am just sick of the hassle and am thinking about taking about 25 pairs of very very gently used designer shoes (Tod's, Chanel, etc) to one of these places. I know that I will get a small % of the money, but it may be worth it just to avoid the nutters on E-bay. Has anyone ever does this?

well, if by hassle and nutters on ebay, you're talking about screwy buyers filing disputes on bogus claims, charge backs, and returning damaged goods, selling by isoldit won't solve that problem. if things go south, you're still lose money and possibly your items. the only thing you're really saving is the worry about negative feedbacks and you're paying a huge price to not have that worry. the commission fees these places charge are insane. not worth it imo.

If there's a high-end or luxury consignment store within a reasonable distance of where you live, you might want to look into selling your items through them. That's where I tend to go with nicer items that haven't sold on ebay after a couple times of my listing them. They'll still be taking a portion of your profits, but at least that way you won't have to deal with all the ebay "nutters."

ITA that the fees there are ridiculous. Have you looked at any online places like Ann's to sell shoes? I know that she takes shoes, but I don't know if they have to be new. It's worth a shot.

I would never use one of those places. To me, the ONLY convenience is for people that either don't have the time to list items on eBay, or just don't know how. I think their commission % is just insane. I seriously doubt that if you were to have any problems, that every single auction would be an issue.

Maybe one will have one, but the other ones could still be fine. Or maybe none of them? Regardless, just list a few at a time and see what happens. Just make sure you show as many pictures as possible showing any wear & tear and scuffs or whatever, so there aren't any surprises later on.