Has anyone ever "taken one" for their Coach?

I stopped by Starbucks one morning before work and as I was coming out, I stepped off the curb wrong and twisted my ankle. I fell to my knees and ripped my scrub pants all up. I had a big gaping hole in the knee of my pants and I was bleeding pretty good but my coffee and my Legacy Stripe Tote(with the satiny easy snag and stain fabric!) were saved!

OMG, these stories kill me, too funny. We are definetely a bunch of wackos.

It's the next morning and I'm sitting here with a bloodied knee and a VERY sore bum and arm, but at the time all I could think of was my pristine Coach getting all dirty on the yucky mopped floor. One of my coworkers came to help me up and before I'd even stand I grabbed Carly and checked her for damage - that was before I even realized I was bleeding!!

I can see I'm in good company here though - you ladies kill me. :biggrin:

Thanks for the stories and the laughs!!!

I let myself get soaked at my son's baseball game to protect my bag when it started to rain. Now I am a little wiser and just take a wristlet, lol.

Many years ago I was in a car accident taking some items to the dry cleaners. An off duty EMT stopped right after the collision. It was pre-airbags so even with a seat belt my face hit the steering wheel. I had blood gushing out of my nose and mouth so the guy grabbed a dress from the backseat to stop the bleeding and I screamed, "No! That is a Laura Ashley! (back when they were still a little pricey)."

He didn't listen. Laura Ashley ended up taking that one for the team...

ouch! Hope your OK! I dont think I have ever fallen while holding a purse, but everytime I do fall I always shield my boobs first! Nothing worse than a broken nipple! lol

:PHonestly no have not taken one for my Coach! My DH advises me too after he looks at the outcome of my handbags knowing the price paid. However, I will in the future after joining TPF I have no other choice but to take one for my Coach. Although, I wish I could go on the security belt at the airports holding my Coach! :nuts:

BTW take care of your injuries wishing you a speedy recovery. Sorry you were banged up so badly.

I stopped by Starbucks one morning before work and as I was coming out, I stepped off the curb wrong and twisted my ankle. I fell to my knees and ripped my scrub pants all up. I had a big gaping hole in the knee of my pants and I was bleeding pretty good but my coffee and my Legacy Stripe Tote(with the satiny easy snag and stain fabric!) were saved!

Wow that's definitely talent! You saved your Starbucks and your bag at the same time! Amazing!

I think I would definitely take one for my bag. Dude, once I put my own dinner napkin on my purse because I was afraid I was gonna spill something on her! That's pretty sad, but worth the effort.

ouch! i've definitely taken off my rain jacket and wrapped my bags up in it to keep them from getting wet. usually i'll hold my wrapped up bag against my chest until i get indoors and i can only imagine what store greeters think when i walk in dripping wet and unwrap a bag. i always think they're probably expecting a baby or puppy or something under there. i also frequently assume awkward and uncomfortable positions to protect it especially when i'm carrying a lot of stuff or have to squeeze through tight spaces and don't want my bag to rub up against something. oh the things we do to protect our bags!on a serious note though, crissy, i highly recommend filing an incident report at your job if you haven't already done so. a couple of years ago i missed a step and fell right on my butt at work and was too embarrassed to tell anyone i had fallen. it wasn't until several weeks later that i realized it was a lot worse than i had first thought. i ended up cracking my tailbone and had to have x-rays, mri's, several dr visits and months of physical therapy. i'll spare the details but it was a big holy MESS (that went on for months) about whether my insurance or worker's comp was going to pay my medical bills, all because i didn't file an incident report. hope i didn't damper a fun thread, just wouldn't want you to go through all the hassle i did if it can be prevented by doing something as simple as filling out an incident report. lecture over now, hope you're feeling better! carry on with the funny stories! :lol:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I was leaving a wedding (I was a bride's maid) I had my MFF crossbody flap, flowers and a soda in my hand and I tripped off of the sidewalk onto my knees! The flowers went flying, the soda spilled everywhere and I was bleeding like crazy, but my purse....not a scratch!
^^^ freaking love this story!;)

Love this thread! Sorry you fell Crissy11 and even worse got banged up but it's always good to hear of someone saving their bag! YAY! :P

I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I'm sure I've done something along those lines before! LOL

LOL...I hope you are feeling better! Good thing you are okay aside from being sore. Yes, I take one for my bags all of the time...when it's raining, somehow my stupid bag gets more of the umbrella and I end up getting wet--the bag is always dry though...lol!

I hope you are kidding. That is why our economy and society is in the shape it's in. If people did not sue for everything, our medical insurance would not cost as much as it does and it would not be "out of reach" for others. The liability insurance that doctors must pay for is passed on to the consumers. Doctors give their lives to try to help people, and in return they are sued. Same goes for auto insurance. Stop the madness, people! Things happen in life. Say, "Oh well" and move on and stop trying to get rich off people's mistakes. Thanks for letting me vent :nuts: No offense, QueenLouis, if you were kidding. Maybe we can joke about safer topics?

On a wet floor in a store? SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!