Has anyone ever reglittered their Glitters??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was talking to Katie earlier and she brought something to my attention that I had thought before, but thought the idea was too far fetched. BUT, after she brought it up... I think it may be possible. She asked was I going to add more glitter to my shoes, since they are balding a little on the insides.

Am I crazy? I don't mind experimenting with them, as I got such a great deal on them!

I figure that I can get some spray adhesive (from the craft store) and more glitter.

My shoes are now at the spa getting there heels recolored and when I get them back I will post before pics and then after pics. Anyone down to help? LOL

2. That sounds like an awesome idea! I think you are right, the aersol adhesive would work the best .. but I have never tried it on shoes.

3. That is what I said I would use. Katie suggested the glue gun. I may do a very small patch to see what will work better. I have used spray adhesives before to put glitter on clothing (Thanks lil sis!) and it worked out fine. I know not to use too much though or it leaves a dull finish.

4. I'd probably try the spray adhesive first -- seems like the glue gun might leave an uneven/lumpy finish? I'm just thinking back to when I used to use glue guns for craft projects...I'd want the thinnest glue possible!

But I think that sounds like a great idea! Definitely keep us posted.

5. Sounds like you have all the know how! I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out!! :tup:

6. let me know how this turns out. i've always been eyeing the glitter shoes but I've always been worried about balding.

7. Me too! I like projects. I use to help my little sister with blinging out things, so I don't feel too worried! I have all of the materials. I may just buy another jar of glitter and compare the different variations to see which would look better.

I just may go into the reglittering business. LOL j/k

8. lux - I will keep everyone posted, promise!

9. bedazzle the shoes :smile:
    i love those glitters!

10. Awesome idea, jimmy!!

11. haha hey, if you can make it work and be able to re-glitter the shoes then you probably could turn it into a side business LOL

12. interesting cant wait to see the pics!

13. Going to get more glitter today and will ask if there is a better adhesive now. I kind of wish that I had my shoes with me, so I can show them what I am talking about. Oh well.

14. I can't wait to see how this turns out! Very inspiring Jimmy. I think the aerosol spray adhesive sounds best because the glue gun could be messier and not dry as smoothly.

15. Soooo, I picked up my shoes today and I love that the heels match now (see first pic).

And, as I stated earlier in this thread, I would try to reglitter them. So here are the results! What do you guys think?

Just to show the color that the heels were done in:
    [​IMG]

Now to the glitter. Here is what I used: Spray adhesive and multi-glitter.
    [​IMG]

Before: You can see the material because of so much glitter missing.
    [​IMG]

The prepping: I cover the sole too (don't worry!). No red was harmed.
    [​IMG]

After: Note the shoe on the left (inside) is what I did. The shoe on the right is the outside of the shoe that did not need any reglittering (I did not add glitter to the outside of the right shoe).

[​IMG]