Has anyone ever noticed....?

I have NO idea if this would have anything to do with anything, but I know some Coach production is based in China and in that culture, 8 is a lucky number. Some companies will do things to accomodate the corporate culture. For example, I just read an article on how Disney, when building Disneyland in Hong Kong, went out of their way to use Chinese traditions and beliefs in building and marketing the park - so their ballroom is 888 square feet b/c 8 is a lucky number. Maybe Coach did something similar in using the 8 at the end of their prices.

If not, sorry to babble, but welcome to my world of useless trivia!

I have NO idea if this would have anything to do with anything, but I know some Coach production is based in China and in that culture, 8 is a lucky number. Some companies will do things to accomodate the corporate culture. For example, I just read an article on how Disney, when building Disneyland in Hong Kong, went out of their way to use Chinese traditions and beliefs in building and marketing the park - so their ballroom is 888 square feet b/c 8 is a lucky number. Maybe Coach did something similar in using the 8 at the end of their prices.

Interesting.. LOVE useless Trivia, it always comes in handy at some point:P

Good thought, but if I remember correctly, their retail prices have always ended in 8, even when they were made in the US. ;)

maybe! that's what i thought as well. but it'll be interesting to see if coach prices orignally started with an eight b/c if so then probably not. since coach did start off with its products made in italy.

The only items I noticed so far that don't end in an 8 are a couple of the new mini skinnys. They are $42. I must be obsessing about Coach too much to notice this.