Has anyone ever ganged up on you to get rid of a bag?

I am stunned that anyone would think to criticise your choice of purse.
I really can't fathom what they expect you to say? If my life depended on it, I could not tell you what my best friends purses' looks like. I don't know the brands or colours. The only thing I do know? They're not Hermes.
I've never heard of people having a revulsion to a purse? LOL

I cant believe I am even asking this question, but....I feel I am the victim of a conspiracy of the men in my life to ditch two bags of mine, which I thought were okay. The first one, a black clemence 31 mou bolide with palladium hardware which I have had forever. The second one, a Coach Hamptons book tote in black leather with nickel hardware that I bought at the Coach outlet for $140. I use the first when the weather is bad or with very casual clothes. I use the latter as a briefcase.

As for the first (the bolide), my husband and my associate both hate the bag. They have each given various explanations as to why they think it is schleppy or doesnt suit me. My associate has actually suggested I "lose the bag", whereas my husband has simply tried to gently steer me toward buying another kelly or birkin to "replace" it. When I asked my husband why he liked the kelly better than the bolide he said "Because it looks better." As for the second (the Coach), my associate and most of my clients, while they dont say they hate the bag exactly, say things like "Hey Jedi what's with the bag." One of my neighbors, seeing me walk out of our building this morning with the Coach bag over my shoulder, actually did a doubletake - I saw her look at the bag and cringe.

I am not sure how much more of this I can take. Has anyone ever divested themself of a bag because of peer group pressure?

I am kind of clueless, since I really thought both these bags were fine.

What the..... :confused1: I would love to own a 31cm Black Mou Bolide. That's the prettiest bag ever!

I think they probably see it to often. How often do you wear your bags?

a 31 mou bolide is fantastic! if you like your bags- carry them! you have to wear them- not your husband, not your coworker, not even your neighbor. it's no one's business but your own. but hey, a kelly? tell him you won't wear the bolide anymore, get the new bag and wear it when he's out of town. lol. kidding.

i do have to say that at my old office i once told my coworkers we should play a game where we each get to "retire" an item of someone else's clothing. ie. if i pick the blue top you can't ever wear it again. i was sick to death of this one sweater my coworker wore. LMAO. the game never did catch on but i think she threw out the shirt. i know, i'm a beotch but man was that thing ugly.

If you like a purse, you should carry it. Do what makes you happy, don't listen to anyone else. But I would totally take your DH up on his offer for a birkin or kelly. heehee, I am bad!

Hlfinn-Do you work in my office??? Your coworkers sound like mine.

Well, ,the Bolide is my DREAM bag! I so want one! And I too have a Coach Hampton that I beat the crap out of!

Now, my DH has seen bags of mine that he really likes...and ones he could care less about! Which is as it should be!

Next time someone pitches a B*t$h over one of your bags, just tell 'em "Eh, I like it" and then let it go. THEN, a smidge later, ask 'em if they own any other pair of shoes then the ones they've got on...and when they look down at their feet...say "gotcha. Sucks, don't it?". And walk away.

They'll quit doing it in no time!

We :heart: U and your bags!

I knew I could count on you guys ! You've made me feel better...but I still think I am going to pull out the kelly bag for a while, just until its safe for the bolide to show its face again....as for the coach, I have no substitute, so I am just going to close my ears the next time I get teased!

Oh my - what a strange experience. I can honestly say this has never happened to me. DH loves my sense of style so he has never displayed a dislike for my bags but, that being said, I trust my sense of style over his when it comes to these things. I feel confident in my likes and dislikes and truly couldn't care less if anyone else didn't care for it.

And yes, the statements about your neighbor...I concur!

P.S. Bolides are so yummy, I think maybe some of these people need to go in to have their eyes checked. JMHO, of course!

Next time someone pitches a B*t$h over one of your bags, just tell 'em "Eh, I like it" and then let it go. THEN, a smidge later, ask 'em if they own any other pair of shoes then the ones they've got on...and when they look down at their feet...say "gotcha. Sucks, don't it?". And walk away.

AWESOME!

Keep the bolide, set the husband straight, and think twice about the friend.

If you love the bag, KEEP IT!

(Love the Coach Hampton, too, I always liked that style. I have a 20+ year old Coach briefcase that I still use!)