Has anyone ever done the mystery shopping thing

I've looked into it. Never did it though. Too many scams out there along this line and I had trouble finding anything legitimate.

I'd be interested if anyone has a good one in mind, but in this rural area my options are probably limited.

:shame: Please pardon my question but what's this mistery shopping thing?? Since there's the word shopping in it I might be interested LOL!

You're hired or contracted by a merchant or their agent to shop at their store and report/review/critique your experience. They supposedly use the reviews to adjust how they do business.

That's my understanding anyways. I guess there could be other definitions.

Yes, I have for a major grocery store. I got paid big bucks to do it too.
I was paid for 30-40 min worth of work 75.00. I also had to go to meetings and was paid over 500.00 to go to a 1 day meeting.

You're hired or contracted by a merchant or their agent to shop at their store and report/review/critique your experience. They supposedly use the reviews to adjust how they do business.

That's my understanding anyways. I guess there could be other definitions.

Thanks for explaining.

ooo Yes just the once! When I was going through university I worked for a jewelers and was asked by an executive of a diamond seller in Aus to mystery shop colored diamonds... It was actually fairly dry work and became repetitive after a while but still had an element of fun each time I walked into a different trader.

I also got hired for this job few times! it pays really well (i was suprised!) and it's quite funny :smile:
I actually got a different job for the same store (i was a temp through this one company) where i needed to hand customers these forms so they could write about their customer satisfaction. i talked to couple of those SAs there and they said that it was quite obvious almost every time when that mystery shopping person came there. I had no idea that they were told that there was going to be these mystery shoppers there.