Has anyone ever converted a wallet into a wristlet by attaching a chain to the zipper

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Pardon the odd question, but I love the organization of continental zip-around wallets but I often wish they had wrist strap. Clutches with straps are great, but I find they are often too big and lack interior organization (adequate card slots, etc.)

So my question is, has anyone ever found a suitable metal chain to attach to the zipper pull of a continental wallet to "convert" it into a clutch?

I found this D&G key chain on Yoox that is basically a chain with two petite dogleash clips at each end, but it is $92. Has anyone ever thought of doing this, and is there a cheaper alternative? Or is my idea just ridiculous? Thanks!

Pic of chain from Yoox: OK, the images aren't showing up, so here is the link: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&YOOX=DOLCE+%26+GABBANA&dept=accessorieswomen&tskay=3FD17CD7&rr=1&cod10=511095301W&sts=sr_accessorieswomen80

2. Hi Bag, I did this with my Balenciaga Compagnon:yes:. I ran a vintage chain through it doubled and can carry it on my shoulder or arm when out. Since it was big enough to keep my phone and lipgloss in I thought it would make a cute and funky shoulder bag/clutch. Here is a pic with a few of my other clutches but it shows the chain attached. HTH

clutches 007.JPG
  3. I think that is a great idea. I love zip around wallets.

4. Thank you for the pic, sweetie! I wish designers would sell optional straps or chains that could be attached for this purpose. I'd pay extra to have additional carrying options!

@