Jimmy Choo Has anyone ever bought a JC bag and 'owed' on it for a long time +

mammab

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
I think I'm getting obsessed here and want to feel like I am not the only one, but there is a bag I really want but will have to charge it and it will take me almost a year to pay it off. What do you guys think? take the plunge and get it, or not.....

No. It's a bad idea to put yourself in credit card debt for a trivial purchase. I hate to be harsh, but this is the reason why people get themselves into money troubles. You should NOT compromise your financial security for a handbag, it's an irresponsible thing to do.

Well...it is Jimmy Choo. When I was younger I did charge some nice things I wanted and paid them off. I guess if I wasn't in a lot of dept otherwise, then I might. :devil:

I was never into bags back when I was younger and when I was old enough to lust after bags, I barely had enough to survive :sad: Now that I am in a position to buy the nicer bags, I still refuse to charge a bag unless I can pay it off at the end of the month. I do however charge a bag on occasion when my various CC companies offer a 0% interest rate for 6-12 months :whistle:

BUT I still ALWAYS make sure I can manage all my other financial and family commitments first. Luxury items are great, but getting in over your head is NOT and I would not recommend anyone doing it unless they are sure they can meet their previous obligations:tup:

One final note, make darn sure it is a bag you are going to love in a year when the bill is finally paid off!

^ITA. I would never go into debt for a bag, no matter how much I lusted after it. Many times, it'll eventually go on sale anyway. You just have to be patient enough!

*broken record here* I've not used a CC for any reason in three years. My goal is 5 years. If you can't pay it off at the end of one month, I think that's too scary.

Anything could happen between now and next year. I'd be too worried to enjoy the bag. Just my 2 cents
Good luck with whatever your decision. :smile: