Has anyone ever added feet to a bag?

ctychick

Oct 16, 2016
There are a couple of tote-style bags that I'm considering, but the lack of feet is holding me back. Has anyone added feet after-market? If so, how did you go about it? DIY? Did you send it out somewhere? Cost? Regrets? Was it worth it in the end?

FYI - I'm mostly looking at pre-loved bags and I doubt I would ever resell. All the styles lend themselves to benefitting from feet (ie, flat, wide bottoms). And if there are convincing reasons not to add feet, I will likely still purchase a bag and enjoy it. I just want to explore the possibility.

Please share your experiences and opinions. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 20806

There are a couple of tote-style bags that I'm considering, but the lack of feet is holding me back. Has anyone added feet after-market? If so, how did you go about it? DIY? Did you send it out somewhere? Cost? Regrets? Was it worth it in the end?

FYI - I'm mostly looking at pre-loved bags and I doubt I would ever resell. All the styles lend themselves to benefitting from feet (ie, flat, wide bottoms). And if there are convincing reasons not to add feet, I will likely still purchase a bag and enjoy it. I just want to explore the possibility.

Please share your experiences and opinions. Thanks!
Well you could but then it would be seen as fake but I guess who cares? I'm not sure the point of feet on some bags though because bags seem to slouch especially leather bags it seems the bag will touch a surface anyway?

ctychick

Oct 16, 2016
Well you could but then it would be seen as fake but I guess who cares? I'm not sure the point of feet on some bags though because bags seem to slouch especially leather bags it seems the bag will touch a surface anyway?
Never thought about it looking fake when carrying it around. Well, that settles that, LOL! No feet for me. :smile:

Reactions: fabuleux