Has anyone else who bought a f/w city gotten a swatch with their bag?

Lulette

Jul 17, 2006
I got my bag from Barneys BH, and as I was using it today, I discovered a leather swatch in the interior pocket. I only ask this because as I was reading through the posts about this, it supposedly indicates a fake? It's unimaginable to get a fake from a reputible store such a Barneys, it's just sort of odd. My purse never came with extra tassels either, which is a bummer...but that is besides the point. Has anyone else recieved a swatch with their F/W 2009 bags?
Thanks

On another sub-forum.. I did see someone post a PURPOSE for these swatches.
It was recommended that the swatch be used for testing cleaning products, as well as water repellant products... to see if the products altered the leather or affected the color. Which at least gave me some PURPOSE as to why they include these swatches... other than to use for matching shoes or something.....

On another sub-forum.. I did see someone post a PURPOSE for these swatches.
It was recommended that the swatch be used for testing cleaning products, as well as water repellant products... to see if the products altered the leather or affected the color. Which at least gave me some PURPOSE as to why they include these swatches... other than to use for matching shoes or something.....

Oh, I see. Makes sense! I've read many people like to condition/moisterize Bal bags (I am thinking of picking up some Apple products) it nice they are including those now for trial use.

Oh, I see. Makes sense! I've read many people like to condition/moisterize Bal bags (I am thinking of picking up some Apple products) it nice they are including those now for trial use.

Well, I honestly do not know WHY BAL included them. I have several OLDER BALS, none of which came w/ a leather swatch, but DID some w/ extra tassels, which I personally would certainly prefer. BUT.. there has been alot of discussion about WTH the swatch is for, so at least I stumbled upon what MIGHT BE a beneficial use for the swatch. ;)

ENJOY your BAL.... BAL is still today my FAV bag!! And my black city is def at the TOP of that list!! That is a CLASSIC bag.

I wrote to Balenciaga about this after I got my city w/ planet. Here is what they said:

Thank you for your email.

The City bags with the planet are made with the leather tag instead of the metal ones.
The leather patch that came with your bag is just for customs. You may discard of this
piece because it has no purpose.

^^^ That makes no sense and is at the same time totally random.

My black City came with a swatch too, but I think the cat found it fascinating and drooled all over it within a matter of minutes. I'd forgotten all about it until now.