Has anyone else has a chipping problem on the Timeless Clutch?

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
Okay so I got the Timeless Clutch in Caviar yesterday. It's so beautiful. But I noticed that under the clasp when you open it, the other side of the CC clasp has chipped a tiny bit. Probably from the opening and closing of the CC. Unfortunately I did buy the display which I never do because the 3 other bags my local NM had in the back were alllllll terrible. I noticed that the Made in France ones were EXTREMELY soft and had no structure as opposed to the Made in Italy ones and the only other Made in Italy one besides the display was majorly crooked at the closure. The one off the floor looked brand new though and at the time there was no chipping. Last night after playing with it and opening and closing it so many times, I then noticed the tiny chip of the leather close to the little silver thing.

Has anyone else experienced this? I may drive about 50 min to another NM to try and exchange but everything else about the bag seems perfect so I don't know!!! :sad: What do you girls think? Should it not be a big deal?

I haven't had any problems with mine, but maybe you could post a picture? I can't imagine what chipping would look like on leather...

Hmm, well as long as you can still open and close it with no problem I wouldn't mind too much. As long as it's on the inside of the clutch, no one would be able to see it. I'm not sure if they'd let you exchange it for another one since you already used it, and they may just say it's normal wear and tear. Good luck though!

I'm not exactly sure what you are describing, but if you are referring to the leather surrounding the little metal bar that the CC clasp attaches to..... I have three and the leather right around that bar is kind of messy. You can see the cut edges. It doesn't really bother me, but I did think to myself that Chanel could have possibly done better at making that area look more finished. Am I making sense to anyone? LOL

You have made me curious....I'm going to go look and see where they were made.

I'm not exactly sure what you are describing, but if you are referring to the leather surrounding the little metal bar that the CC clasp attaches to..... I have three and the leather right around that bar is kind of messy. You can see the cut edges. It doesn't really bother me, but I did think to myself that Chanel could have possibly done better at making that area look more finished. Am I making sense to anyone? LOL

You have made me curious....I'm going to go look and see where they were made.

That's EXACTLY what I am talking about hehe. Sorry it was hard for me to describe. Okay I guess that's just the way it is huh? :sweatdrop:

If this is what you are referring to, I think they are all made this way.

ChanelTimelessClutch003.jpg

I thought something was wrong with mine as well when I first got it and then I saw pictures and figured they all come this way. It bothers me that the metal bar shows through the CC's when it's closed...

ChanelTimelessClutch001.jpg

but on the plus side, I know exactly which way to open it (maybe that is the purpose for it sticking out like that?? :s

For others who own the timeless clutch, does the metal stick out the way this one does?

When I first got my timeless clutch, I was worried about that too! Mine also has a messy edge where the clasp meets the leather and looks uneven! I wondered why Chanel couldn't make it look perfect like so many other brands where this isn't a problem!