Has anyone else experienced Tiffany enamel falling off?

Jun 5, 2012
It's just happened to me :frown: was doing a routine cleaning of my unworn silver jewellery, which involves warm soapy water and polishing cloth, but as I was cleaning the blue heart key, the heart fell right off!! I was surprised to find that Tiffany enamel appears to be a plastic cap (or maybe it's just this piece) but it's pretty disappointing, and I doubt there's much that Tiffany can do as it's a few years old :frown: That and it's probably not worth making multiple trips to Tiffany with no guarantee of getting it fixed. Even though I no longer wear this key, I still like it because it's cute. Should I try supergluing the heart back on? I only have Gorilla superglue and GS Hypo Cement to hand :frown:

h88w3ni.jpg

YciChA9.png

Reactions: jjgg
I would take it in or send it to Tiffany. They will fix any piece. You may or may not have to pay a fee since it’s a few years old but I would definitely let Tiffany fix it.

I don’t have a Tiffany near me, and for minor repairs, I have mailed it in and it’s easy.

I am sure it will come back looking brand new.

Good luck!

Hello dear, it’s just happened to me last month. How did you manage to find a solution? Tiffany in Italy said they can’t do anything but I don’t think so.. please help me. I have the same beautiful charm got 10y back.. I was trying to clean as well
It's just happened to me :frown: was doing a routine cleaning of my unworn silver jewellery, which involves warm soapy water and polishing cloth, but as I was cleaning the blue heart key, the heart fell right off!! I was surprised to find that Tiffany enamel appears to be a plastic cap (or maybe it's just this piece) but it's pretty disappointing, and I doubt there's much that Tiffany can do as it's a few years old :frown: That and it's probably not worth making multiple trips to Tiffany with no guarantee of getting it fixed. Even though I no longer wear this key, I still like it because it's cute. Should I try supergluing the heart back on? I only have Gorilla superglue and GS Hypo Cement to hand :frown:

h88w3ni.jpg

YciChA9.png

Perhaps your using soapy water to clean this piece this caused the heart to loosen and become unglued. It seems like a simple fix, though. If you are near a Tiffany Boutique you should drop it off for repair. If not, I agree with @BigAkoya that you should mail it to a Tiffany Boutique for repair. The thing you should not do is to try to fix it yourself. No do-it-yourself super glue, please!