Has anyone done a global Habitat for Humanity trip?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've kinda decided to apply and do a trip next year (in Brazil). Has anyone ever done a trip with Habitat for Humanity before? I really love the whole idea behind the cause, plus I think it'll be an amazing experience.

If you have done one... do you do any fundraising to fund your trip? Any ideas FOR fundraising? I was thinking about getting the silicone LiveStrong type bands made and selling them. What do you think?

2. I did one project in Costa Rica , it was a part of a WestCoast Connection volunteering camp. It was alright , not Habit For Humanity's fault but I feel like people need to do these volunteering camps more to feel like a better person and to have a reality check( exactly like the show on MTv "exiled" )
    But the people who work year-long for Habitat are adorable ! ! ! !
    And I think Brazil is a good country to start.
    And I wouldn't do the livestrong bands thing. Hmm but I don't have any idea for something else to do... Sorry ...