Veau Monsieur leather

yylee98

Apr 20, 2008
Hi guys I was lucky to be offered at FSH Paris MY FIRST CONSTANCE yesterday. Bleu de Minuit C18 in a leather called Veau Monsieur. Has anyone heard of it before? The SA said this leather was quite similar to box, and was limited to Constance as it wasn’t ready to be made for bigger bags (kinda like a limited edition). In fact I also asked about an exotic leather option so was given a choice for the Veau monsieur or a similar dark blue Ostrich! Both in RGHW... So hard to pick one! The former was fell in love on first sight, looked more classy and it shone!! The ostrich looked relatively dull but probably less delicate? So I ended up with the C18 in a leather that I have never heard of, not sure I’m regretting my decision now??? And I should have asked for more info and had it written down? Was struggling a little to understand what the French SA was trying to explain. Would like to ask for more info about the leather if anyone knows about it :smile: thanks!

Attachments

• 5BF69CA1-F5C6-4144-9A94-0D0CE90638B0.jpeg
    5BF69CA1-F5C6-4144-9A94-0D0CE90638B0.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,942
  • CE1C1D7D-9C83-4F72-AD62-9606CBCC9900.jpeg
    CE1C1D7D-9C83-4F72-AD62-9606CBCC9900.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,852
  • 354FAA6C-6218-48BC-BA70-00FEBF2D40F3.jpeg
    354FAA6C-6218-48BC-BA70-00FEBF2D40F3.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,873
  • 14458F13-0820-408A-B8E9-CD0711474A59.jpeg
    14458F13-0820-408A-B8E9-CD0711474A59.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,834
  • 6C2C6392-C934-47D2-ACB6-8C3610720410.jpeg
    6C2C6392-C934-47D2-ACB6-8C3610720410.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,916
Hi guys I was lucky to be offered at FSH Paris MY FIRST CONSTANCE yesterday. Bleu de Minuit C18 in a leather called Veau Monsieur. Has anyone heard of it before? The SA said this leather was quite similar to box, and was limited to Constance as it wasn’t ready to be made for bigger bags (kinda like a limited edition). In fact I also asked about an exotic leather option so was given a choice for the Veau monsieur or a similar dark blue Ostrich! Both in RGHW... So hard to pick one! The former was fell in love on first sight, looked more classy and it shone!! The ostrich looked relatively dull but probably less delicate? So I ended up with the C18 in a leather that I have never heard of, not sure I’m regretting my decision now??? And I should have asked for more info and had it written down? Was struggling a little to understand what the French SA was trying to explain. Would like to ask for more info about the leather if anyone knows about it [emoji2] thanks!
Have you started using it?
Any infos to share?

View attachment 4143718
New info on veau monsieur according to bahsicbee @ IG (darling if you're a member here, hollaback girl! :smile: )
- hybrid of sombrero and swift
- production is limited (what else is new with H)
- sheen similar to box (as seen in that pic), also feels like box, like what the first post said
She is indeed a member here - @pursesandposes

View attachment 4143718
New info on veau monsieur according to bahsicbee @ IG (darling if you're a member here, hollaback girl! :smile: )
- hybrid of sombrero and swift
- production is limited (what else is new with H)
- sheen similar to box (as seen in that pic), also feels like box, like what the first post said

She is indeed a member here - @pursesandposes

:blush::giggle: Hi, guys!

Hope this was of some help to anyone who's been curious about Veau Monsieur. I wish I had taken notes when my SA was telling me about this leather, as I'm sure there's more info I've probably forgotten by now!

Thanks for sharing my IG post, @allanrvj ! And thanks for the shoutout, @weN84 ! Silly me--I should have thought to post some of that info on this thread, too! (Lurker habits die hard...:lol:)

Last edited:
:blush::giggle: Hi, guys!

Hope this was of some help to anyone who's been curious about Veau Monsieur. I wish I had taken notes when my SA was telling me about this leather, as I'm sure there's more info I've probably forgotten by now!

Thanks for sharing my IG post, @allanrvj ! And thanks for the shoutout, @weN84 ! Silly me--I should have thought to post some of that info on this thread, too! (Lurker habits die hard...:lol:)
Hiiiii!!!!
Thanks for your intel and please post more juicy H info in the future. :heart:

Took a close look at my Monsieur C just now - things I have noted

- given it’s a smooth leather it most definitely can scratch. It does not bother me personally but if you are someone who stresses over this smooth leathers are probably not for you (I don’t have the grained version of Monsieur I think that for sure would be different)

02383BC8-8F5E-4AE0-A25F-8549CC3F1F69.jpeg

- shape of the bag holds well. The part above the buckle is showing signs of wear (wrinkles) because it’s a Constance and you lift/scrunch that part to open it

- I feel like doesn’t show as much character as Box if it makes sense ^^; I don’t know how else to explain, my box bag is preloved though and I think its much older age may play a factor there, but it has a shine to it that I feel like the C still haven’t developed.

I should mention that this C isn’t my daily bag by any means; I have way too many bags and rotate a lot. That being said I absolutely do not baby my bags when I use them (to the point that it surprises my SA sometimes :P ).