has anyone bougt authenic bag on EBAY?

sweet_heart

Nov 14, 2005
many believe that most below-retail price bags on Ebay are fake...
I tempted to purchase em but i just dont want to waste my money on fake bags...
has anyone ever got the real authenic ones? thankyouu

I have bought a bunch of authentic bags on eBay -- Hermes, Celine, Chloe, Michael Kors, Bottega, Coach. Just don't expect any real bargains. If the bag is hot and hard to get, no one is going to be selling it at a real steal. The only thing I got below retail was my Kors and my Coach. Neither were IT bags and they were a season or two old when I bought them. The rest were at a premium. But if you want the bag, you can't find it anywhere else and you are saving the 'shoe leather' by not running all over the world searching for it, then you can justify the premium. You just need a reliable seller! THAT is the hard thing to find!

I found a girl (as opposed to a retail shop) selling a white Prada bag she had bought and couldn't keep - she seemed real and I was looking for an attractive designer white bag - this was perfect -She was a nice person and the bag is real and fabulous - I got it at a fantastic price - It was (as the song goes) just one of those things!!

I've bought a couple of authentic bags on eBay. You just have to be careful and know what to look for when buying a bag on eBay. There are good deals out there, but it takes patience and doing your homework so you don't get screwed and end up with a fake. Know what the real bag looks and feels like, what the stitching and hardware is like, etc. If it's an LV, I'd only buy from a My Poupette seller because of the large number of fakes. Check the seller's feedback, post a thread asking for help with authenticity in the eBay handbag discussion board. A few good eBay sellers have written guides on different designers and advice on how to tell the real ones from the fakes

Hi,

Buying a bag on eBay can be really tricky, even if you're basing your decision on whether someone is on the MyPoupette.com list of approved sellers. I've seen in other forums people point out that sellers of MyPoupette.com have been caught selling fakes and STILL MyPoupette.com hasn't removed s/he from their "list".

That said, you must KNOW your seller and the only way to do so is to have a positive experience with one and to to stick to him/her.

I've had only the best experiences with KarenKooper who deals with mainly Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and some Dior and Burberry. Do your research and look at her feedbacks and you will see that it's only been 100% on 722 positive transactions - that's pretty amazing.

She even just launched a store at http://www.karenkooper.com

Also, beware, some sellers have been known to take advantage of their buyers. Only accept PayPal as a form of payment b/c then you are PROTECTED. Monaco-babe, as her eBay ID goes, would send an EMPTY BOX to buyers if they paid with a Money Order or Western Union in an off-eBay transaction situation.

Again, PAYPAL is your friend.

Hope you the best in your search for an excellent buy on eBay!

:P :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :huh: :P

I bought 2 "authentic" only 1 of them was authentic. SO the Rep. I use as a Cosmetics puch:lol: Jus find a good seller, and see that other bidders say if it's AUTH or not.GOOD LUCK

I use eBay a lot, probably way too much ;) I haven't had any bad experiences, and everything that I have purchased has been authentic. I think you really need to educate yourself on what it is that you are interested in buying. If it is "too good to be true", it usually is.

SuLi said:
I use eBay a lot, probably way too much ;) I haven't had any bad experiences, and everything that I have purchased has been authentic. I think you really need to educate yourself on what it is that you are interested in buying. If it is "too good to be true", it usually is.

You really have to make sure that there is a money back guarantee is there isn't alot of feedback for authentic handbags. Educate yourself on what to look for on the fakes and authentic. There are really good fakes on eBay so be careful!!!! Italy even produces fakes, not just China. If there is a money back guarantee then go for it if you believe it to be authentic. You can get great deals from someone without alot of feedback because alot of people won't bid.

sweet_heart said:
actually im lookin to buy a gucci bag...does anyone know any authenic sellers on ebay?? thank you..

I had this same problem a while back. i really wanted a Gucci and was looking for a good deal on ebay.
i ended up getting scared and not buying anything. i really think most of those Gucci's are fake. The ones that I thought were real cost just as much as they would have in the store......so what's the point?
I just gave up. Maybe you'll have better luck. Go to the Gucci stores and STUDY the bag you want, then get online and compare....that's the best that I could tell you