Has anyone bought their B-bag without actually seeing it first?

all my b-bags have been bought over the phone or something, so i've never really seen or touched one up close and personal!!!! i just have to trust judgement and go with it!!!! i love all my b-bags!!! :love: woop woop!!! AR = jumpei = super friendly!

I bought my Ink Twiggy from Barneys NY and Lilly did a fantastic job. I told her exactly what I was looking for, and I got it! Just be *very* specific about what you want!

I wish you well,

Bridget

welp, i ordered 2 work bags & a compagnon wallet from AR...the wallet & 1 of the work bags were perfect (cornflower)...but the other bag had a tear in leather on the bottom (emerald) :Push:...needless to say, i returned the emerald for a full refund (although they wouldn't pay for my return shipping :sad:)...they were very nice about the return except for that part though...the SA's who helped me were yoko & jumpei :girlsigh:

Attachments

• 072506_14044.jpg
    072506_14044.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 40
Bridget S. said:
I bought my Ink Twiggy from Barneys NY and Lilly did a fantastic job. I told her exactly what I was looking for, and I got it! Just be *very* specific about what you want!

I wish you well,

Bridget
yeppers, lilly @ "barney's" nyc is a wonderful SA & she's sweet as pie :tender:

Andreax716 said:
I am thinking of ordering from AR...how confident should I be that they will pick out the best greige city for me? :shrugs: I hate the idea of not picking out the bag myself, but the NM near me only has it in the first style. :crybaby: BTW, this would be my first b-bag!! :upsidedown:

So for the ladies who DID buy their bags without seeing it first...did it end up being everything you thought it would be??

both b-bags ive owned i bought without seeing...the white city because balenciaga was only sold at louis boston at the time and they rarely had options i really only wanted a white one so ordered from BAL Ny,,,and my new rouge vif work i ordered from AR told them my preference and really love what they sent me...ive bought other bags from them chloe (gave to mom not chloe fan) and botkier...trully recommend them they provide the best option and u pay no shipping nor tax so ur only cost is the actual cost of the bag.

I ordered my Rouge Vif unseen. I was VERY specific with my SA though that I wanted one that was the least distresssed. Three Rouge Vif cities arrived at the store and he pulled the least distressed for me. I'll re-post when it arrives to let you know how he did.

Andrea, like the majority of the ladies here, most of my bags (3 out of 4) were purchased sight unseen. I bought mine from Bal NY, and when I placed my phone order, I asked my SA to find me ones that were the least distressed and veiny. I think that if you're very specific with your SA on what kind of bag you want, you should hopefully end up with one that you'll love. :heart:
Also, I've heard that the greige is one of the few in the fall colors that had thicker, matte, and less veiny leather. Good luck, and can't wait to see your pics of your first Bbag! :flowers:

I bought my city during the Balenciaga craze, and even though I live near 4 different stores that carry bbags, they were ALWAYS waitlisted - so I ordered a black city without ever having seen a city bag OR a black bbag. I fell in love the with bags after seeing a caramel weekender, and even moreso after seeing a bordeaux work - both which weren't for sale, but were waitlisted.

I bought 2 of my bags unseen: ink from a retailer and it wasn't veiny and too shiny and the cornflower through Ebay because it was sold out everywhere needless to say that I paid more than retail and this was pretty veiny and shiny but after appling her she turned out to be alright. That said even I do love her because of the colour, she's the one with the less nicest leather.

cate22 said:
Andrea, like the majority of the ladies here, most of my bags (3 out of 4) were purchased sight unseen. I bought mine from Bal NY, and when I placed my phone order, I asked my SA to find me ones that were the least distressed and veiny. I think that if you're very specific with your SA on what kind of bag you want, you should hopefully end up with one that you'll love. :heart:
Also, I've heard that the greige is one of the few in the fall colors that had thicker, matte, and less veiny leather. Good luck, and can't wait to see your pics of your first Bbag! :flowers:

oh lorddd :nuts: you sure know how to tempt me with words like THICKER, MATTE AND LESS VEINY LEATHER!!! :lol: nowww..i wish i could find $1200 in my pocket...:wlae:

i got my red metallic mini twiggy and eggplant purse on ebay. i have never seen a balenciaga IRL before.
and i love them, but i ended up selling the mini twiggy cause it turns out to be super mini for me :P