has anyone bought the emilie or josephine wallet for its pricepoint but regretted it?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
I really like the price points of the josephine wallet. I normally don't go for mono. But I am wondering if I am looking at this becuase of its price point. I normally like vernis pieces, but those are more costly. Were you in the same boat or do you love your josephine or emilie wallet?

Yes I had the emilie wallet used it for about a month before the button on the front started to peel I returned it and exchanged for the cosmetic pouch I would not get this again as I am afraid of the same thing happening again I am sorry but I do not recommend this wallet I have the the Alexandra wallet in mono and I love it.

I have a much lower quality wallet now which needs to be replaced. It is the same design of one of the wallets you mentioned. I just don't like the design from a practical standpoint. I would rather have lots of card slots and an inside zippered coin compartment. The compact zippy or secret long wallet would be perfect. In other words, I know I would regret purchasing one of them.

I bought my josephine wallet when it first came out! Switching wallet is something I don't like doing so this is my one and only wallet! I love it and very happy w/ it! I don't baby my wallet at all as a matter of fact, I'm a bit rough w/ it but yet it's holding up nicely...It still looks BN :graucho:
My sister in the other hand bought the vernis zippy and after a couple of months she have to bring it back due to either stitching or glazing problem. They fix it for free though and she said they look good as new!

For me, I would feel like I "settled" if I got one of these. I love the colored interior but dislike that there's no brass button in the front. I have a Vernis zippy now though, and am thinking of getting a second wallet to add some variety--perhaps a Mono Insolite or Sarah. We shall see.

i just bought the emilie wallet and i love it! i didn't settle for it..i mean the price was a plus but i love how it looks and how spacious it is. it fits my phone in it too.

HATE my Josephine!! I had problems with the leather on the button peeling and the interior peeling as well. I wish I had spent a little more for a zippy compact.
I wouldn't recommend the Josephine to anyone! In fact, I would have given it to my sister but I had the stupid thing hot stamped with my initials so i have to use it.

I bought the Emilie in red for two reasons: I lost my Damier Sarah wallet (RIP :cry:smile: and my name is Emilie, spelled exactly like that! I've had it for about a year and a half and I love it, the quality feels as good as my Sarah which was $200+ ...no regrets, second thoughts, or feelings of "settling" here!

i nearly was going to get one...but i like to have more then 4 card slots in my wallet....

but i fell in love with a prada wallet instead (sorry mr v!)

but yes i dont think you should 'settle' and rather save for longer for something you love! makes it more special imo......:P

I first bought the Sarah wallet in the multicolor, then I exchanged it for the insolite also in the multicolor. Later that day, either wallet just didn't feel right. I went back and got the Emilie in red and I am very happy I did. I didn't mind spending the money as long as it was something I loved, at the end of the day I ended up with just that. The difference in pricing was over $408, which was just icing on the cake! I'm glad I got the Emilie and I highly recommend it. No settling here :smile:

i have my emilie wallet in red, the interior color makes me happy everything when i open up my wallet.... lol
i like it coz it's so thin so it can fit well in my small purse like the Eva clutch, it also can hold a lot of stuff including my iphone n still not bulky at all!! love it!