has anyone bought made in china clothing from ebay?

qudz104

O.G.
Apr 23, 2010
sorry, the thread title is really bad, i couldnt figure out how to word it..

ive been looking for chiffon maxi skirts, palazzo pants, maxi dresses etc online, and there are many ebay and other websites that are selling it for pretty cheap prices. i wonder if anyone has purchased anything similar? is the quality decent or something that will fall apart after a few uses?

i do know that since its coming from china, it will be at least 2-3 weeks to come in.

here is an example, NMA!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Women-D...590&pid=100034&prg=1079&rk=1&sd=181075590922&

i dont know if i should get it or just pay a little more for something from here, as it might be better quality, and id be able to return it if i didnt like it.

I buy almost all my oversize dolman sleeve sweaters from cheap Korean fashion sellers... so far no problems. :smile: It sometimes takes longer than 2-3 weeks to come in, but the quality is much better than F21 (which is where you'd have to go to even be CLOSE to the same pricepoint)... I'd say it lands somewhere between Zara and H&M. The fabric is nice, I think I've only gotten one "dud" that I didn't like. I'm careful when I wash them though, because I don't really "trust" it... but for like $10 a pop and .50 cent shipping, if I only get 20 wears out of it, it ain't too bad IMO. I'm actually waiting on 3 new things right now, since they are on holiday this month.

If you buy one of the chiffon maxi's, please post your opinion back!

Oh! The other thing I really like about doing this... uniqueness. I know I can walk into a mall or bar or grocery store and not see anyone else wearing the same thing!

ETA: I just looked at your posting. For my own reasons, I won't buy the things withOUT tags. There are far too many of the same exact thing that DO have tags. HTH! :smile:

I buy almost all my oversize dolman sleeve sweaters from cheap Korean fashion sellers... so far no problems. :smile: It sometimes takes longer than 2-3 weeks to come in, but the quality is much better than F21 (which is where you'd have to go to even be CLOSE to the same pricepoint)... I'd say it lands somewhere between Zara and H&M. The fabric is nice, I think I've only gotten one "dud" that I didn't like. I'm careful when I wash them though, because I don't really "trust" it... but for like $10 a pop and .50 cent shipping, if I only get 20 wears out of it, it ain't too bad IMO. I'm actually waiting on 3 new things right now, since they are on holiday this month.

If you buy one of the chiffon maxi's, please post your opinion back!

Oh! The other thing I really like about doing this... uniqueness. I know I can walk into a mall or bar or grocery store and not see anyone else wearing the same thing!

ETA: I just looked at your posting. For my own reasons, I won't buy the things withOUT tags. There are far too many of the same exact thing that DO have tags. HTH! :smile:

hi! thanks for your answer! i feel a little more confident getting something now! youre right, the pricepoint is about forever21, but i am glad you think the quality isnt too bad. i actually found another seller that is selling the same maxi skirts with tags, so i will go with them! and free shipping lol, so thats a bonus. i also am getting a pair of palazzo pants with it.

the seller is on vacation till the 14th, and as it is the 14th overseas already, i am hoping that my order will be precessed in a relatively decent period of time. i will definitely update this thread when i get my pieces to inform you of the quality! thanks again! :smile:

hi! thanks for your answer! i feel a little more confident getting something now! youre right, the pricepoint is about forever21, but i am glad you think the quality isnt too bad. i actually found another seller that is selling the same maxi skirts with tags, so i will go with them! and free shipping lol, so thats a bonus. i also am getting a pair of palazzo pants with it.

the seller is on vacation till the 14th, and as it is the 14th overseas already, i am hoping that my order will be precessed in a relatively decent period of time. i will definitely update this thread when i get my pieces to inform you of the quality! thanks again! :smile:

No problem! If I get my sweaters before you update, I'll post pics for you to see. :smile:

All I know most of the clothes from china are very cheap in materials & qualities. I even don't buy anything even when I travel china .

I hope the ones i ordered arent too bad! I am not expecting something amazing for a 9.99 skirt but i do hope i can get a couple of wears out of it at least :smile:

I tried buying clothes from eBay , made in china.. Abs waste of money...and I do not wear exp clothes....

Get clothes from Korea, they will last way longer

i havent seen any MIK sellers on ebay that are selling maxi skirts... i did notice that the MIK products are a bit more pricey, perhaps because as you mentioned, the quality is better? i am nervous now, i hope the ones i get are ok!

idk which Asian country I purchased from but I got a coat with faux leather sleeves and it is pretty good. things run realllllllllly small though

this is what im nervous about, everything is "free size" so i hope its not going to be too tight on me.. i fit in their size description, but the whole point is to achieve the look of the models on the site LOL, who are probably rail thin. i hope it fits!

^I do buy the Korean fashion... hopefully it's not that much of a difference.

If you're going into the purchase hoping to only get a few wears, I don't think you'll be dissappointed though. When buying anything for $9, you need to be realistic, and I think that's key. :smile:

i was thinking about purchasing a parka jacket that was sold out on ASOS but i found the same exact one on ebay from a China seller. they took the modeling pictures from the ASOS website directly, so i wonder if it's the same product? i havent built up enough confidence to pull the trigger yet...

^I do buy the Korean fashion... hopefully it's not that much of a difference.

If you're going into the purchase hoping to only get a few wears, I don't think you'll be dissappointed though. When buying anything for $9, you need to be realistic, and I think that's key. :smile:

I know it wont last me forever but if i get "10 wears" for a product that costs $10 ill at least feel like i got my moneys worth lol. Though i do hope it lasts longer since its hard to find really nice chiffon maxi skirts for a reasonable price elsewhere.