Has anybody ever lost their leather swatch?

Tanasiluv

Apr 5, 2014
Hi everyone, I was just wondering has any of you ever lost your Bal leather swatch that comes with your bag? I think I just lost mine, I have no idea where I've misplaced it. I keep all of the tags & Bal cards in my Bal inside pocket....and when I opened it up, it's not there anymore. Not a big deal right?

I never lost the leather swatches. I kept them in my bags'pockets. I think it isn't a big deal even you don't have them, but having said this still I want to have them. :P

I don´t keep the tags and the swatch. I am not that good in organising and I hate to have too much things around.

Bag and dustbag is enough for me. :smile:

I can't care less for the swatches, cards, mirrors( don't use them) and dust bags( any cotton pillowcase will do). As long as I have my bags I'm happy :smile:
Probably it is important when you think about selling, some buyers prefer all set and you can get better price.

I'm pretty bad. I have my auth cards, swatches, receipts for all my luxury bags all over the place. I wouldn't even know where to start looking if I needed them. Don't plan on selling anything so I'm okay with not knowing where they r right now, lol

No, but some of my bags (pre-loved) didn't come with them.
For the ones that did come with cards and swatch, I write the exact style and color of the bag on the back of one of the paper tags and keep those and the swatch clipped together. Then I put them all into a drawer. I also keep my receipts with them. I'm a hyper-organized person though. ;) I don't do this for re-sale purposes, just so that if my kids ever want the bags (to keep or to sell) they know which cards to take.

Most of my brand spankin' new bags purchased directly from Bal didn't come with swatches or cards. But my used one did.. go figure..lol

But yea, I'm not too bothered.

You somehow need it when u would like to buy tassels in the boutique. They need ur swatch to match the color of the tassels. I was told by a SA, although I personally think it's nonsense if u know exactly the color of ur bag. Ex 2013 ultra violet.

You somehow need it when u would like to buy tassels in the boutique. They need ur swatch to match the color of the tassels. I was told by a SA, although I personally think it's nonsense if u know exactly the color of ur bag. Ex 2013 ultra violet.

I thought they weren't selling tassels anymore?

Thank you all of you for leaving such great replies! I didn't think that so many of you would reply, I thought I was making such a biggie over nothing and most of you would probably laugh. Maybe because this is my first Bal & I'm crazy over it so I want everything that comes with the bag. Lol...silly me. I still have hope that it's lying somewhere around my room. " prayer hands" thank you ladies.

The leather swatch is for customs; some countries wanted a swatch of the leather for 'testing' purposes (as they don't allow certain skins, etc.).

However, that being said .. for some of you 'newer' to the Balenciaga brand, it is in your best interest to keep all the tags, leather swatch, etc. together should you decide to sell. Not having those items will affect your sale as folks could question the authenticity and most folks want things 'intact'. Just sayin' ...

The leather swatch is for customs; some countries wanted a swatch of the leather for 'testing' purposes (as they don't allow certain skins, etc.).

However, that being said .. for some of you 'newer' to the Balenciaga brand, it is in your best interest to keep all the tags, leather swatch, etc. together should you decide to sell. Not having those items will affect your sale as folks could question the authenticity and most folks want things 'intact'. Just sayin' ...

Wow, I can't believe the Queen of Bal replied to my thread. Thanks CeeJay!