Harvey Weinstein

I think there's not muvh more to say. Until the casting couch is abolished in Hollywood, it's still the same.

By the way, why is Harvey taking the fall for all the other known preditors. There are many famous names out there who have done the same thing but no one mentions them.

I'd hate to think that HW is taking the fall for "all the other" known predators. Although it seems this way now. The first day the HW news broke, it was also mentioned that plenty of other muckety mucks were calling THEIR attorneys.

Let's get a thread started for each and every one of them as each shoe drops.

I'd hate to think that HW is taking the fall for "all the other" known predators. Although it seems this way now. The first day the HW news broke, it was also mentioned that plenty of other muckety mucks were calling THEIR attorneys.
Let's get a thread started for each and every one of them as each shoe drops.
I saw a tweet on twitter regarding Kevin Spacey. I kinda "knew"; I had read many times about his predilections but nothing proven. Just another unspoken truth people do not discuss.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
There are bigger rumours about Bryan Singer (right?) but how do know that some of those rumours aren't because they're gay? they could be involved with very young men/prostitutes and it may be distasteful but it's possible they were at the age of consent, unless someone comes forward there's just gossip.

I saw a reporter reference a particular writer as someone who has a bad rep in HWood, I've never heard his name before but I've seen many of the movies in his filmography, some of the worst offenders are people who's names we're probably not familiar with.

This is the problem, there are so many people who are probably guilty of something and there's such a big payoff/non-disclosure culture in HWood that it's going to be difficult to get to the bottom of. The only way there'll be substantive change is if a large enough people change their mindset and if some kind of infrastructure is set up within the industry that makes it easier for people to report crimes of harassment and rape in the industry and make it harder to payoff people, if it's played out in the press it'll probably be a sh*tstorm.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Maybe off topic, but did it ever come out that anyone had rcvd a payout from Cosby? Wouldnt it be harder to prove years later if there were never any charges, or prove of a settlement in the past?

Is anyone else following the evolving story of NBC covering it up? And why? Apparently the head of NBC news has financial ties to Weinstein. He is the one who quashed the story.
Ahhh, now we know! Ronan was on Rachel Maddow talking about that last week-She asked him why he went to the New Yorker and not go to NBC since he's a correspondent there and he said you have to ask them about it.

Ronan has declined to define his sexuality, as many don't these days but it's been noted he dates both men and women. How his speaking voice plays into any of that though is beyond me.

He must have a lisp and a higher pitched voice...cause all gay people do. Duh!

By the way, why is Harvey taking the fall for all the other known preditors. There are many famous names out there who have done the same thing but no one mentions them.

How is he taking the fall for other predators? That would imply he's being accused of assaulting someone who he never did, who was actually assaulted by someone else. Has that happened? Look, bottom line, this dude assaulted women. Now he's paying for it (hopefully with criminal charges). That's a good thing. Why do people think this has to be an all or nothing deal? One perv down...plenty more to go. Maybe the others will fall, but until these toxic mindsets of "If someone comes out about one person, everyone else needs to come out about all the others" or "If you supported another criminal at any point in your life, any crimes against you don't count and you can't speak about it", women will be less likely to come forward. How bout trying to be a bit more positive about all this? "I'm glad HW is getting what's due. Hopefully this will encourage other women to feel comfortable enough to come out about the other predators in Hollywood" Is that so hard?

Last edited:
I found this quote in an article from the Hollywood Reporter posted last Weds. 10/11/17:

In a town hall meeting with employees on Wednesday, NBC News president Noah Oppenheim addressed the issue of why the news outlet didn't publish Farrow's story. Oppenheim's remarks to staff are below.

One of the consequences of choosing, as a news organization, to invest and lean into investigation journalism, is that we are going to oftentimes chase and touch upon stories that we are unfortunately not the ones who end up breaking. So, on that note, I wanted to come up here and proactively address some of the noise that has been circulating regarding Ronan Farrow's great Harvey Weinstein scoop. Because, it would pain all of us who were involved in that, and involved in investigations, if anyone at this organization thought there was anything to be ashamed of in that decision-making process. In fact, quite the contrary. Ronan, who was not working for us exclusively, began reporting on that story for NBC.

We are proud of that. We launched him on that story, we encouraged him to report that story. We supported him and gave him resources to report that story over many, many months. The notion that we would try to cover for a powerful person is deeply offensive to all of us. Like pretty much every newspaper and magazine in L.A. and New York, The New York Times up until last week, New York Magazine, The Hollywood Reporter, you name it, we were on that long list of places that chased this thing, tried to nail it but weren't ultimately the ones who broke it. We reached a point over the summer where as an organization, we didn't feel that we had all the elements that we needed to air it.

Ronan very understandably wanted to keep forging ahead, so, we didn't want to stand in his way and he took it to The New Yorker and did a ton more extraordinary work. He greatly expanded the scope of his reporting. Suffice to say, the stunning story, the incredible story that we all read yesterday, was not the story that we were looking at when we made our judgment several months ago. But we couldn't be prouder of him, and I think all you need to know about our feeling about the importance of the story is that we have been putting him on our air throughout the day yesterday, and this morning, ever since. And booking accusers and covering the story really aggressively.

So, what I would say is that we are going to keep digging, we are going to keep pursuing these stories, we are not always going to be the ones that get it to the finish line, but I think more often than not, we will be. And I think we should all be proud of being an organization that is at least in the hunt on these things. So, thank you.

I saw a tweet on twitter regarding Kevin Spacey. I kinda "knew"; I had read many times about his predilections but nothing proven. Just another unspoken truth people do not discuss.
i don't know what his deal is, but there is something very bizarre with him as well. i remember he one time he brought a woman to the Oscars (someone named Diane?) and people were freaking out b/c it was a woman.. i think perhaps he might have interests elsewhere. HW is just the tip of an iceberg that includes likely many other producers/directors/actors, child exploitation, same-sex exploitation, etc. it's a cesspool of issues.

Am I the only one who did not know the Weinstein Company produced Project Runway? Its list of projects and talent is extremely impressive.
it was for his wife, and she appeared on it as well thanks to him. he was deep into the fashion industry b/c of his wife and is very close friends with Anna Wintour, who I don't believe has made a statement. he was bullying stylists and stars to wear Marchesa for years.

Maybe off topic, but did it ever come out that anyone had rcvd a payout from Cosby? Wouldnt it be harder to prove years later if there were never any charges, or prove of a settlement in the past?

Yes, there are several women Bill Cosby paid off over the years. He had an NBC employee do it for him so his name wouldn't be attached to it. However, the old man talked when the story blew up:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-paid-women-ex-nbc-employee-article-1.2020464

Here's an example when I said HW is taking all the heat. Reese said something happened but didn't give a name. No one is giving names other than that of HW. Why? Are they afraid of being sued?

Reese Witherspoon alleges sexual assault by director when she was 16

Reese Witherspoon has alleged that she was sexually assaulted by a director when she was 16, but was told to remain silent by agents and producers.

The actor made the claims during a speech reflecting on the problems faced by women in the film industry at the Elle Women in Hollywood event on Monday,People reports. Witherspoon did not name the director in question but said that the incident was the first of many experiences of “harassment and sexual assault” throughout her career.

“[I feel] true disgust at the director who assaulted me when I was 16 years old and anger at the agents and the producers who made me feel that silence was a condition of my employment. And I wish that I could tell you that was an isolated incident in my career, but sadly it wasn’t. I’ve had multiple experiences of harassment and sexual assault and I don’t speak about them very often,” she added.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...es-sexual-assault-by-director-when-she-was-16