Harvey Weinstein

This situation of abuse is not happening only to women. Sadly, both girls and boys are sexually abused at a young age and many by family, friends etc. Many of them repeat the pattern or have major sexual issues later in life. This runs very deep and the problem is not just in Hollywood, its happening every day in many average homes. I wonder if Harvey had something happen to him as a child. It doesn't excuse the behavior, but better awareness for sexually abused children really needs to be addressed.

Am I the only one who didn't yet know that Ronan Farrow is Woody Allen's son?? I have been following the story for days and only just saw that tidbit today. I didn't connect Farrow to Mia when I heard the name and I didn't ever see it mentioned on the board, although I have lost of stuff on ignore. It makes sense he'd have the story though, being somewhat of an insider and perhaps pursuing it b/c of his father, for whatever reason he may have.

So, the rumor is he's Frank Sinatra's son. I know some people don't believe it but just look at him, he looks nothing like Woody (thank goodness). He looks exactly like his mom and Frank.

I agree.....he looks more like Sinatra. I believe Woody has denied this and I don't think Mia has said he's sinatra's son - not sure whether she denied it.

I think Mia admitted in an interview that Ronan may very well be Frank’s. I think he’s Sinatra’s son. He certainly doesn’t look like Woody!

I agree! He looks so much like Frank S. No doubt in my mind Ronan is his son.

I believe 100% he is Sinatra's kid. Woody said it is possible but if he is, Mia lied in court to collect child support. I had never seen him before and this all broke and I watched him being interviewed. Coincidentally, I taped an old movie with Sinatra to watch while I work out. He not only LOOKS exactly like Sinatra, he SOUNDS just like him.

Reactions: Antonia
I had never seen him before and this all broke and I watched him being interviewed. Coincidentally, I taped an old movie with Sinatra to watch while I work out. He not only LOOKS exactly like Sinatra, he SOUNDS just like him.
To my ear, their voices aren't even close. Sinatra never, ever sounded gay, not once. Farrow's voice is higher too.

Let's not forget all the victims that came forward and claimed harassment and worse by President ******* as well as the current President. As has been stated and likely experienced right here within our poster's experiences, there are predators in every field, every echelon of power, from the Capital to the tiniest of companies. The sports industry is rampant with abuse of women, newscasters too. It's an epidemic as old as time. Women have always been prey and will probably always be prey. How are elderly women being raped in nursing homes today? Age isn't a factor, and don't tell me they were dressed provocatively.

The laws aren't making men stop. Brock Turner served only 3 months for raping an unconscious woman. The message is pretty loud and clear, it's not that big a deal to victimize the weak. As long as people walk free after minimal time served, IF and WHEN they're actually prosecuted and convicted, things aren't likely to change. Right now the media is having a blitz of coverage on HW, great for click bait and ratings, but will we see laws enforced or even changed to be strong enough to deter this behavior moving forward? Perhaps if the law were more stringently enforced across the board, more victims would feel compelled to come forward for the greater good. Presently, all they gain is the scorn and contempt of their actions being judged and picked apart by the gallery of public opinion.

It's all very disgusting and sad, isn't it?

As I sit here and read the news there are reports daily, everyday about the abusive and molesting actions against the innocent and naive. It makes me cringe, and shudder for my daughter's, their friends, my sister's, my nieces.. really for everyone that could be the victim, so I cringe if I think of these predator actions. My father was an actor, he never was agreeable to a suggestion from his fellow friends/actors of taking his daughters into the business. He was freakishly opposed to any chance that we would be exposed to a chance of being abused or used. I understood his fear as I grew into an adult and realized that anyone, anywhere could be abused, molested, raped. It happens too easily, and somethings can never be 'fixed' or undone. I was responsible for a child, I love her and I loved her then, I thought she was carefully watched after and she was abused right under my nose... But, I didn't see it, I was naive, I was very young, clueless... No more clueless than her mother. I will never be naive again. I trust nobody's intentions and it's what it is, it's safer this way. The sad truth is predators are everywhere among us. In every workplace and every industry, every school they're there. I'm not an alarmist I read it, I hear it. At the best schools and the worst schools. Everywhere. I just have to always tell or remind my daughters of their personal boundaries, self-worth so they don't give themselves away or are coerced into doing so, and to be safe. As women we have to be together and not judge each other or critique how it happened, why it happened, was it forced was it opportunistic usuary ... Even if it appears that he/she willingly sold themselves out. We have to protect our children both male and female. And we have to report. There are predators and there are opportunists, at the end of the day they end up being the same. I can think of few things worse than abusing, molesting and raping someone.

Reactions: Freckles1
How, praytell, does someone "sound" gay?? Can you explain without using offensive stereotypes? Ronan Farrow is an accomplished journalist and a Rhodes Scholar who studied at Oxford. But sure, let's focus on his "high voice."
Listen to his speaking voice. He has certain vocal tics. Most gay newscasters overcome it, but for the longest time, Farrow was never able to. Perhaps, since he is so smart, he was able to overcome it.

And I don't care about his high voice. I was responding to someone who is convinced Farrow is Sinatra's son and thinks part of the reasoning is, he has the same speaking voice as Sinatra. But to my ear, Sinatra had a deeper voice.

Last edited:
Ronan has declined to define his sexuality, as many don't these days but it's been noted he dates both men and women. How his speaking voice plays into any of that though is beyond me.

Listen to his speaking voice. He has certain vocal tics. Most gay newscasters overcome it, but for the longest time, Farrow was never able to. Perhaps, since he is so smart, he was able to overcome it.

And I don't care about his high voice. I was responding to someone who is convinced Farrow is Sinatra's son and thinks part of the reasoning is, he has the same speaking voice as Sinatra. But to my ear, Sinatra had a deeper voice.

You literally only had to type that bolded line the first time, rather than bringing his sexuality and your harmful, homophobic stereotypes into the discussion. Those sorts of causally disparaging comments ("he sounds/acts/looks gay") are as damaging as the flippant misogyny present when people say, "well what was she wearing?" Be better than that, even on a forum about purses and celebrities.

Vocal tics? Most gay newscasters overcome it? Chilleeee

Reactions: FreeSpirit71
How did this go from Harvey to analyzing Ronan's voice? Lets get back to trashing wienstein pig.
I think there's not much more to say. Until the casting couch is abolished in Hollywood, it's still the same.

By the way, why is Harvey taking the fall for all the other known preditors. There are many famous names out there who have done the same thing but no one mentions them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceeyahd