Harry Winston Sunflower vs Tiffany Flower??

claudia09

Dec 28, 2009
Went shopping with the BF and have been looking at jewelry for our 3 yrs - we are considering the Harry Winston Sunflower ring as an option, waiting on them to ship the ring in in my size, but I do have a few uncertainties.

http://www.harrywinston.com/store/jewels/rings-jewels/products/006asunflowerdiamondring

I saw that Tiffany's has a similar design that is cute, smaller diamonds but also much cheaper. It's like 1.65 vs .6 CTW.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+flower+ring&search=1

I think the center stone in the HW that I'm considering is .74 F VS2 and GIA certified. Tiffany diamonds in the ring are much smaller in the ring and I believe they don't certify most of their diamonds thru a 3rd party.

Do you guys think the HW is worth it? Anyone have modeling pics of either one?

karo

O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
Both are gorgeous, but personally I would go for the Tiffany one. I think the flower stands out more with the plain band than with the diamond one.

I think the HW is stunning! IMO, the Tiffany one looks more like a snowflake to me.. But is still beautiful. But that's just me. Tacori also makes a floral halo setting but its a totally different look with the way the halo is set (mine is Tacori floral 'inspired' made by my jeweler)

AndieAbroad

UK via AUS and USA
Dec 1, 2012
The HW looks more like it could be an engagement ring to me. I also prefer the Tiffany one, which is a bit more delicate. I agree it looks more like a snowflake, though! heh

ehy210

Apr 21, 2011
both are beautiful. I would pick the Tiffany's one. I like how the petals are more pointed- it would look very nice on the finger. I don't like how the HW one has petals that are circular. But both are beautiful.

claudia09

Dec 28, 2009
Thanks girls!

The HW is $19.6k and Tiffanys is $4.5k.

The price difference is pretty big.

Alternatively, we were considering the Cariter Juste Un Clou / WG Love Bracelet or the VCA socrates... :hrmm:

IDK! They're all so beautiful, but just so different, so hard to decide. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2009
Well I think the price should probably dictate. Are you looking for a 4.5 type present or a 20k type present? Then I would browse around in that price range. As you really can't compare Harry Winston to Tiffany's, they are in different leagues. I would choose HW as nothing compares :hbeat:

Jun 8, 2007
Cartier WG Love Bracelet or the VCA socrates sound better to me. :smile:
I own the tiffany flower ring, I really love it. it is pretty and not overwhelming. all the options are very different. really depending on what you are looking for. a casual ring or everyday, engagement or cocktail? I love the three socrates ring from VCA. that's more of a cocktail ring. the single flower one is a little too delicate.

jssl1688

Jul 12, 2012
Heaven on Earth
Harry winston > Tiffany I don't think there's a comparison. However if we're talking about having a jeweler design it and sourcing your own stone that may be a choice if cost is a concern. Harry does have a hefty premium.