Harry Potter Book 7 - THE FINAL VERDICT - SPOILERS INCLUDED - PLEASE NOTE!!

Very true Traci! But that is definetly a gap in the end...what happens with Teddy? Maybe Tonks family ended up with him.

I almost started crying when I thought Hagrid might have died! That would have been too much!

I thought it was really sad how Snape basically gave up his ENTIRE LIFE so he could be a spy and try to protect Harry and everyone else...and then he died. It was really sad. Regardless of his creepy, greasy exterior, through his actions that came out in this book, he was probably the bravest and most honorable character of them all, and I didn't like that he just died alone without anyone. :sad:

I can see the major problems it would have presented for JK Rowling if he *had* lived though, for her, it was easier to have him die!

^^^ i agree about Snape. I was actually more sad about his death than any other character's death in book 7. I too knew that he wasn't really a bad guy.

The ending was very bittersweet for me. I was glad to see the main three safe and together but I didn't want it to end :crybaby:

I spent the whole day reading it! Hub and I were supposed to go watch a movie but I wouldn't budge from my spot :nuts: He had to force me to eat meals! LOL.

Anyway, I loved all of it! I do agree though, that the epilogue was a bit too cheesy :sweatdrop: For me it comes off as though JK Rowling had finished the book and then just added that part as an afterthought! I felt sooo sad for Snape too though. And I was so scared when I thought Harry was really "dying"!

I have to reread it and Book 6 though. I was a bit confused about how Draco ended up with the Elder wand. Anybody know?

I just finished it and it was DEFINITELY a bittersweet ending...

I cried when both Hedgewig and Dobby died b/c they really were innocent...which goes to show you how intense and scary the war really was...

The "19 years after" was a bit disappointing, but I :heart: :heart: :heart: that Harry named one of his sons after Snape and said how was the bravest man he ever met.

I will have to re-read, but a great book. JK did a great job.

just finished it and I agree that the epilogue is cheesy but hey, i quite like that. it feels finished now, and although it is sad that the story is over at the same time I am happy I know the end. this was driving me nuts with the last few books - finishing the book and having to wait around 3 years to find out how it continued.

i also have to agree that B&*h line is hardly as bad as all the violence and hatred in that book. how is that worse than reading how one wishes to kill off another and how they put great skill and planning into that?

overall: great book, really enjoyed it and happy that none of the main characters got killed off. for me the flaw was quite believable but I may be that gullible (haha)

I thought it was really sad how Snape basically gave up his ENTIRE LIFE so he could be a spy and try to protect Harry and everyone else...and then he died. It was really sad. Regardless of his creepy, greasy exterior, through his actions that came out in this book, he was probably the bravest and most honorable character of them all, and I didn't like that he just died alone without anyone. :sad:

I can see the major problems it would have presented for JK Rowling if he *had* lived though, for her, it was easier to have him die!

I agree with you about Snape.

It gave him a different dimension to see how he dedicated his life to protecting Lily's son because of how much he loved her.

And how even though, he was dying, when Harry went over to him and Snape told him to take his last thoughts, the last thing he did was still try to help Harry! Too much....sad.

just found this thread..I decided to avoid the midnight madness friday night and slept in yesterday so I'd have enough energy to read the book. I got it around noon and finished aorund 2:30 AM. My husband went to wikipedia and found out the ending while I was reading and I just wanted to read to know what happened.

The Lupin/Tonk deaths threw me off and I found myself stopping and going back to try to find more info about it. I probably wasted a good 20-30 min trying to figure that out. I was so sad with Fred's death more than Snape's at first but I knew he had to be good if Dumbledore trusted him. I'm so sad this is all over.

My eyes are exhausted from reading without a break...but it was worth it. I really loved this ending, even the cheesiness of the happily ever after part. Harry naming his son after Snape was the most touching part and made me a bit teary.

The way JK Rowling created such complete characters and storylines throughout all 7 books just amazes me. It is sad to know that there will be no more Potter tales. :sad:

oh, i'm still teary over the ending! i'm sooooooooo sad that snape had to die, and i'm sooooooo sad to say good-bye to all the harry potter characters. it's so weird, whenever i read one of the books, i'm in a "harry potter haze" where i almost feel like i'm not sure which reality is the real world:yes:. it's like i grew up with harry and hermione and ron.

i actually loved the epilogue, i really wanted that part, and i really really love that harry's second son was named albus severus. it was like vindication for snape. i love that his patronus was a doe!