Hardware

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
So far I have one mini Mac and am contemplating a swing or affair.

How does minkoff hardware esp the chain straps wear long term? Is there tarnishing After a few yrs? Thx

So far I have one mini Mac and am contemplating a swing or affair.

How does minkoff hardware esp the chain straps wear long term? Is there tarnishing After a few yrs? Thx
like most metals, RM hardware does tarnish. but that's not a big problem because it's easy to remove by using a polish cloth. i've not used Brasso but i've heard people use it to clean the metal hardware with good results.

just another note: if you use your bag quite often, the gold/ silver color plated on the metal part of the chain may come off. i own a pre-loved MAC and i found the color of some rings on the gold-toned chain is faded. it might be caused by wear, oil (hand cream/ lotion/ hand oil) or water. as for the black paint plated hardware, i've head the surface layer chips easily. since it's black and the metal inside is in a different color, the contrast makes it very obvious. i have one in brass which does not have a smooth surface and to me it's the most difficult for maintenance and perhaps Brasso may help.

there is a thread on Care and Maintenence of RM bags: http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff-reference-library/caring-for-your-rm-bag-277279.html our fellow Minkettes share their experience and knowledge so you should be able to find more tips.

hope this helps :smile:

What about the rose gold hardware, how does that wear?

I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of the rose gold hardware --so unique!-- and contemplating getting a black cupid for my birthday because of it. I really don't think anyone else but RM is using rose gold. Any suggestions or comments would be great. :smile: