Hardware question flat CC vs rounded?

pluplo

Jan 3, 2010
I only have vintage flaps and I would love to buy a new one but I have been seeing bags with these rounded CC. These CC don't appeal to me at all! Maybe somebody can tell me if Chanel is still making flat CC or they changed and make these rounded only???

Some have the rounded, some the flat. You have to ask if you are doing a purchase over the phone, etc. I want to say the "true" classics are flat and the season ones not but that may be my assumption versus fact. Tis better to see and/or ask to be sure.

Chanel first started the rounded CC's from 2008 and I believe they are changing from the flat CC's to the rounded. Even most of the new classic bags that I see come with round CC's.

I asked them at the boutique about this last week, while looking at the bags.

They were like, whatever.

You'd think they'd have something to say... anything.

The SA said, well, you can't tell the difference across the room.
....actually, I can!

They were really blase about it. Hmph. Maybe they don't care. ??

^to my knowledge if you are able to find old stock then it will come with flat CC but all new Chanels have the rounded CC's now.

Unfortunetly Chanel SA's are not the most knowledgable...I remember I was asking them about my 2007 Reissue and why the dimensions of the base were wider on the 2008 version. The SA looked at me blankly and said she did now know. I later found out that Chanel widened the base of all their reissues in 2008.

I called another Chanel store in Belgium and they told me that Chanel didn't change THE CC since 1985??? Everyone says sth. else, which is quite strange, they work for Chanel
and don't even know.

I called another Chanel store in Belgium and they told me that Chanel didn't change THE CC since 1985??? Another Chanel store in NL told me that all the classic Bags have flat CC? Only saesonal items rounded. Everyone says sth. else, which is quite strange, they work for Chanel
and don't even know.