Hardware protectors

Nov 12, 2019
Hello guys! I came across an Instagram account that sells screen protectors for any designer handbag that goes over the hardware so that it doesn’t scratch. The ig name is @thehandbaghaven. I was wondering if this is safe to do or will it ruin the hardware if I were to put on a protector on it? I read somewhere that the protectors have acid on them and that it will stain the hardware. Was wondering if any of you guys use protectors ? Adjustments.JPG

Hello guys! I came across an Instagram account that sells screen protectors for any designer handbag that goes over the hardware so that it doesn’t scratch. The ig name is @thehandbaghaven. I was wondering if this is safe to do or will it ruin the hardware if I were to put on a protector on it? I read somewhere that the protectors have acid on them and that it will stain the hardware. Was wondering if any of you guys use protectors ? View attachment 4593304
Hi!

I’ve used hardware protectors from The Handbag Haven for years and I’m happy to report that they’ve caused absolutely no issues and their service is fab. I’ve even removed them and placed a new set on. Though I would recommend buying their adhesive remover wipes if you need to do this as they do leave a bit of residue behind when you take them off but no damage!

I hope this helps :heart:

Attachments

• 38A3FB0F-87EC-4DD9-81C6-FDA3FE9FFC5B.jpeg
    38A3FB0F-87EC-4DD9-81C6-FDA3FE9FFC5B.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 83
Hi!

I’ve used hardware protectors from The Handbag Haven for years and I’m happy to report that they’ve caused absolutely no issues and their service is fab. I’ve even removed them and placed a new set on. Though I would recommend buying their adhesive remover wipes if you need to do this as they do leave a bit of residue behind when you take them off but no damage!

I hope this helps :heart:

Wow thank you!

Hello guys! I came across an Instagram account that sells screen protectors for any designer handbag that goes over the hardware so that it doesn’t scratch. The ig name is @thehandbaghaven. I was wondering if this is safe to do or will it ruin the hardware if I were to put on a protector on it? I read somewhere that the protectors have acid on them and that it will stain the hardware. Was wondering if any of you guys use protectors ? View attachment 4593304
did you end up trying them?
I just ordered some for all my YSL hardware.
I will keep everyone posted.

they have 15% off right now!

5FF8EEDB-0DA7-4367-92CD-72055A37C409.jpeg

I would not recommend the protective stickers from Havre de Luxe - I was fortunate enough to try another local brand of protective stickers first and thought I’d try Havre de Luxe’s as the protective stickers were advertised to be easier to place (the first lot I had were difficult to place on accurately). The ones from HdL are definitely visible and obvious on shiny hardware, and the quality of the adhesive would be worrying in trapping moisture between the sticker and hardware, particularly for those living in humid climates (like myself).

To visually compare:
- beige clair has the havre de luxe stickers and is very obvious - the adhesive also leaves residue on the hardware when removed. I was so nervous rubbing off the residue and potentially causing hairline scratches, but had to take it off as there would definitely be moisture trapped between the bubbles between the adhesive and the metal
- white has the locally sold stickers that are about the same base price point - the adhesive is much better leaving no ‘bubbles’ or gaps due to the stickiness of the adhesive and it comes off cleanly

I did let Havre de Luxe know but they didn’t bother responding to my email, which makes me think they’re aware of the quality.

Attachments

• DB8A8ADE-0930-4A3D-974E-1574DACA3EE0.jpeg
    DB8A8ADE-0930-4A3D-974E-1574DACA3EE0.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 3E827243-164A-40E2-8181-5801E9784133.jpeg
    3E827243-164A-40E2-8181-5801E9784133.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 76
Does anyone know where I might get hardware protectors for my YSL Small Cabas Chyc?
Havre Deluxe only has protectors for the current YSL bags with the YSL logo.
My Cabas has the large Y logo which is so pretty. I would love to protect it if I could.
Thanks in advance.

I would not recommend the protective stickers from Havre de Luxe - I was fortunate enough to try another local brand of protective stickers first and thought I’d try Havre de Luxe’s as the protective stickers were advertised to be easier to place (the first lot I had were difficult to place on accurately). The ones from HdL are definitely visible and obvious on shiny hardware, and the quality of the adhesive would be worrying in trapping moisture between the sticker and hardware, particularly for those living in humid climates (like myself).

To visually compare:
- beige clair has the havre de luxe stickers and is very obvious - the adhesive also leaves residue on the hardware when removed. I was so nervous rubbing off the residue and potentially causing hairline scratches, but had to take it off as there would definitely be moisture trapped between the bubbles between the adhesive and the metal
- white has the locally sold stickers that are about the same base price point - the adhesive is much better leaving no ‘bubbles’ or gaps due to the stickiness of the adhesive and it comes off cleanly

I did let Havre de Luxe know but they didn’t bother responding to my email, which makes me think they’re aware of the quality.
What is the local brand that you used?

To visually compare:

I strongly agree with this on Havre de Luxe.

I've tried both Orangeshields and Havre de Luxe. I would highly recommend Orangeshields all the way for Hermes.

Reactions: nattypurse
I kept the sticker on my brand new purse when I bought them at the store and now the hardware looks tarnished. Beware on using these stickers, it may do the same to your metal hardware.