Hardware peeling.. pls help me

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I've noticed my Rhuthenium White Shoulder birkin's hardware seems started to peel.. i am not quite sure should I use peeling.. the bits are very small but they are slightly different color from the other part of the hardware

the first 2 pics belongs to 1 side of the hardware which you can see the difference on the area just beside the hold

and the last pics belongs to the other side of it which some area is lighter than normal while some is darker..

is that normal?? i am very concern cos I dont use it much and I checked the other part of the hardware which dont have this problem at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1264.JPG
    IMG_1264.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 158
what does Ruth White refer to? when did you buy it? if it was 2001 to 2004 Hermes had defects in the finish............this is well known and they will replace or repair the hardware

I've noticed my Ruth White Shoulder birkin's hardware seems started to peel.. i am not quite sure should I use peeling.. the bits are very small but they are slightly different color from the other part of the hardware

the first 2 pics belongs to 1 side of the hardware which you can see the difference on the area just beside the hold

and the last pics belongs to the other side of it which some area is lighter than normal while some is darker..

is that normal?? i am very concern cos I dont use it much and I checked the other part of the hardware which dont have this problem at all.

i just noticed it yesterday when i was packing my luggage.

I am glad that i am moving to sydney that there is a local H store.. finally

but i guess i used this bag less than 10 times.. i cannot see why it will start peeling but not other part..... i actually feel upset cos I paid so much for this bag..

I'm sure H will be willing to fix your bag! I have not had this problem with H, but I did have a similar issue with LV and they said they would fix and replace all the hardware for free, except I haven't taken the up on the offer yet! Good luck!

I just spoke with the store manager.. she said that hardware was introduced at around 2-3 yrs ago for a limited time, now they dont order those hardware anymore.. i am not sure does that mean discontinued...?