Hardware of new Birkin

Aeolos

Nov 23, 2013
Hi guys, my best friend got her Birkin last week and today we have noticed that the colour of the feet is kinda lighter than the rest of the hardware of the bag , she bought the bag from H boutique so we know that it is authentic but i would like to take your opinions if it is normal for newer bags ? Also the bag is togo leather with GHW I was thinking togo keeps its shape well but despite she used the bag 3 times it is already very floppy , is it normal for a very new bag ?
Here is the photo of what i mean, can you see the colour difference of the feet - lock&keys? In real lock and keys look richer gold colour whereas feet of the bag look kind of lighter yellow, please can people with newer bags check their bags to tell if they also notice what we have noticed :P

Attachments

• IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,189
It could be permabrass rather than GHW. But from the foto it doesn't look lighter than normal GHW to me. I'm not an expert though.

Thanks for the reply Tenacious , the bag is with gold hardware not permabrass. I know the photo isn't so clear but in real feet of the bag have slightly lighter yellow colour than the rest of the hardware.

Thanks for the reply Tenacious , the bag is with gold hardware not permabrass. I know the photo isn't so clear but in real feet of the bag have slightly lighter yellow colour than the rest of the hardware.

Another interesting thing is when you look at the bag very carefully and from very close you see really small blue,reddish,yellowish glitters on some parts of the leather (the ones like on the Chanel holograms) :wondering

Aelos, I just got my togo GHW Kelly from an H store last week....yes, the feet are a bit lighter. But thankfully no sag and no sparkles

Sorry - I don't understand why it's a concern if you are convinced of authenticity?

Aelos, I just got my togo GHW Kelly from an H store last week....yes, the feet are a bit lighter. But thankfully no sag and no sparkles

Hi katekluet, congrats on your new bag, kelly with ghw is on my wish list , did you also notice when you put the lock-keys next to the foot of the bag , lock-keys look more orange compared to the foot which looks like pale yellow? If it is a new thing tbh i didn't like it much, i prefer to have the all hardware of the bag same colour.

Last edited:
Sorry - I don't understand why it's a concern if you are convinced of authenticity?

Hi mistikat, problem is
1-She bought a new bag and after 3 weeks hw started to peel off so she had to send it for repair and had to wait for 5-6 months to get it back.
2-Then she bought a skunk bag and had to return it to the boutique after using 1 month.
3- And now this HW thing bothers her and we started to think if again she got a defective bag since she is really unlucky .

Last edited:
Are these the lock and keys from bag that was replaced while the bag is a new replacement? When HW is not being used, it turns slightly darker. I don't use any of my locks and keys ever, and some of them look slightly darker.

Hi mistikat, problem is
1-She bought a new bag and after 3 weeks hw started to peel off so she had to send it to repair and had to wait for 5-6 months to get it back.
2-Then she bought a skunk bag and had to return it to the boutique after using 1 month.
3- And now this HW thing bothers her and we started to think if again she got a defective bag since she is really unlucky .

Is she a member here?