Hardware mistake?

I don't think it's very noticeable but it only matters what you and your wife think. If it bothers you guys then it's probably best to take in back to H and and have them look at it but I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think it looks bad. I hope your wife loves the bag and gets many years of enjoyment from it! Hugs!

hermes is hand made thats the beauty of it all and well the fact that now they make so many bags this sort of stuff happens more and more but why not enjoy the bag then have it fixed ....

Looking at the second photograph against the white background it cannot be denied that the plate is badly aligned to the strap. It is all the more obvious because one corner of the plate is almost off the end of the strap.
My thought is that it would not be a simple job just to re-align the plate and that the strap would need to be replaced.
I have just looked at my BBK SaD and that little sliver of leather at the edge of the plate is very obvious when the plates are on top of each other over the turn lock.

I don't think this is a case where DocRide's view from one metre advice is helpful in living with the flaw.

In matters of quality control it is best to take the item back to Hermes for an opinion.
If I had been the artisan, I would not have let it go like that. The hand-made therefore you can't expect it to be perfect argument is not acceptable in this case.
If it is a very recent acquisition, asking for a replacement would not be unreasonable.

Reactions: Ulf