Hardware Extender for a Lindsey

nickers84

CoachatFirstSight <3
Sep 18, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find some silver hardware extenders for my fuchsia Lindsey? I'd like to wear it cross body as the handle drop is too short to wear it comfortably on my shoulder & it's too short as is to wear it crossbody for me (I'm 5'8").

Thanks for your help :smile:

Does anyone know where I can find some silver hardware extenders for my fuchsia Lindsey? I'd like to wear it cross body as the handle drop is too short to wear it comfortably on my shoulder & it's too short as is to wear it crossbody for me (I'm 5'8").

I was thinking of Silver Coach too. This extender that he sells should work well for a Lindsey. In fact, he includes Coach Madison bags and lindsey in the description! http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-NICKEL-LE...t=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&var=&hash=item5aec2fa01a

Or it may be possible to make your own, customized (and cheaper!) extender using nickel metal pieces purchased from the hardware store or online. Good luck!

How much more length do you need? I think the Lindsey straps are 24-25 inches. I can think oh a couple ideas. If you only need 3-6 inches , how about add mind 1-2 valet fobs on either end? If you need to double it, maybe Jax carries that strap you can purchase.

$3.9 for the U.S., but almost $12 for Canada

Yes, I'm in Canada. $12 is half the price of the item :sad:

Wow, that is high! Sorry I didn't notice that you are in Canada, better head to the hardware store!

Silver Coach's extender for madison bag straps appears to be a fairly simple device, you should be able to find similar parts somewhere and assemble them.

If you are successful please tell us where you got them, good luck!

Thanks, gals. $12 for shipping does seem pretty steep so maybe I'll check put my local hardware store first.

Maybe these Quick Links would be an option. I imagine you can find them locally and if not, they seem pretty cheap on this site. Maybe they wouldn't be too high even with the with extra shipping?

I was thinking you could hook a couple of them together on both ends of the strap to get a little extra length. I have bought dogleash clips from this site without any problems. Just an idea.

http://www.cdwplus.com/quicklinkspage.html

Attachments

• QuickLinks.jpg
    QuickLinks.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 117