hardware durability

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
How well do the clasps on the outside pockets of MJ bags like Blake hold up? Has anyone had trouble with them? I always thought if I had a bag like this, I'd use the outside pocket for my cell phone. But now that I have one, and it's got that easy to access center compartment, I'm finding I'm using that more. That way I can keep the outside pocket closed and it looks nicer and also saves wear and tear on the clasp.
I just read a wonderful post about Diego taking care of a problem. That makes me feel assured. But if I can avoid having a problem with hardware, that would be even better.

i've never had any issues with my pushlocks, and i open and close them a million times on a daily basis. since the pockets are so convenient, i keep all the things i need quick and easy access to like my cell phone, keys, metrocard, and chapstick in there. use away. they'll hold up.

i agree that they are very durable. one of my wine stella pockets has some loose stitching, but it was well-loved before i bought it from ebay and i've used it a lot too. ;)

I never put things in the outside Blake pockets. I guess I should utilize them more often. I have always been kind of wary of using the pushlocks too often. If they are really that durable, I think I will start.

i use the pushlock pockets on my stellas for lipgloss, gum, etc things that i use a lot during the day. i haven't had an issue with them breaking, though i do recall always running into the same girl on the subway platform with a stella... and the pushlocks were broken and the pockets were just flapping open. it broke my heart!