Hardcore nighttime hand cream help

schadenfreude

really
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
My hands are trashed. I wear nitrile gloves all day and wash my hands all the time, so it comes with the territory. I need to find the BEST hand cream on the planet to soothe these beasts. I'm looking for one to wear at night, so it can be greasy or whatever. I used to use philosophy's handmade, but I ran out... and think I need something better anyway! Ideas???? Thanks!

My favorite handcream is the L'Occitane Shea Butter. It is not greasy, but really does the trick during the cold, winter months. It feels soothing when you apply it--like you know it's doing some good stuff!

Bag Balm is suppost to help tons....it comes in a square green tub and has a pic of cow utter on it. Its what farmers used for chapped cow utters. I had bought mine at Target....you can also buy it in a cute little jar as well. FYI though....a LITTLE goes a LONG way. When I first got it I was excited to try it because my hands get so cracked and chapped (I teach little kids, and I wash my hands ALL the time) so I put a big old scoop of it on my hands while in the car, and the glistened like an oil slick!!

I was also going to recommend bag balm this is what my sister used when she was a gymnast because of the nasty callouses they get on their hands. She would put it on at night and then sleep when gloves on, on top of the bag balm.

My friend just gave me a tube of Vanicream. It is a hardcore cream used by pharmacists as a base. It seems to be working quite well, but there are some strange ingredients. I have a handwashing problem. :sweatdrop::shame:

Chanel also makes an amazing hand lotion.

I think eucerin is pretty good. i only use it when my hands are chapped in the winter. it's really thick. or try Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream. That's really good and less thick (absorbs much better). Caveat is it smells medicinal. I think the salesperson told me the original version was developed for burn victims.

LA PRAIRIE's HANDCREAM! It is THE ultimate skincare revolutionary amazing fantastico handcream! LOL

It's expensive though, but very much worth it! You will not regret this! :yes:

I really like Eucerin Original Cream, the kind in the squeeze tube. It's so thick it's hard to get it out of the tube. It's not horribly greasy though. I have eczema, so I get flaky patches sometimes, and I've even put this stuff on my face!

Crabtree & Evelyn, La Source Hand Therapy works better than anything else for me. Shea butter is one of the ingredients. Not crazy about the smell but worth it for the results.

This may be a long shot for you, but it worked for me. I used to be a dental assistant, and this was the best thing for me.....I'd lather up my hands in pure vaseline, and then I'd put on some white cotton gloves.....or even white socks over my hands, and then I'd try not to think about what I just did, and then I'd go to sleep. But the next day.......fabulous!! Best thing for me for dry, cracked hands.