Hard to work zipper - how to fix?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My deauville zipper is hard to work, meaning it does not slide very easily? Is this normal and what can I do to make it "go" a little easier? If there is a way please share!!
    Thanks!!!! :yes:

2. Hi, I used candle wax on my Epi Alma zipper and now it works like a dream. Be careful not to let any of the wax flake off and drop onto the lining though. A few strokes of the candle along the entire zipper and then move the zipper back and forth. The visible white wax will disappear after a few moves as it gets worked into the zip. I used a gorgeous L'Occitane candle so now my bag is subtly fragranced as well! Good luck

3. My mom has the same prob with her Alma too- but is there an easier way, like put some kind of oil on it?

4. I've been taught a good trick and it has worked for me, you can try it out!
    You get a lead pencil and run it along the zipper a few times and it will make the zipper run smoother. Let me know how you go.

5. Candle wax is the way to go. Or you can get a silicone lubricant from home depot. Spray some on a cloth and carefully wipe it over the zipper. Make sure not to get on anything else but the zipper. Open and close the zipper a few times. Should work like a charm. Make sure you get the oiless silicone lubricant. The one with teflon in it. Ask a store clerk to help you. Good luck!

6. My epi alma also had a very hard to zip zipper. Just tried the wax and all I can say is WOW!! Thanks ladies...worked like a dream.

7. Silly question probably... Do you run the candle along the teeth of the zipper (in the open position) on both sides? Beeswax candle or any kind?

I've got a tough to open zipper, never had that before, didn't want to risk ruining the bag though.