Hard to find bag is not perfect - would you still keep?

Tinagirl11

O.G.
Jun 5, 2011
Hi Ladies and Gents - I'm in need of your advice.

This is my first LV website order and I was always under the assumption that their bags came direct from their warehouse but when my bag arrived today, it was undoubtedly a display model from one of their stores. None of the metal hardware except for the lock had plastic protectors and the bottom studs had light wear (very light scratches). The vachetta also had a miniscule dot sized scratch. These imperfections are not noticeable unless you examine the bag up close.

The problem is - this is a very hard to get bag and I've gotten trouble getting a hold of it since it's always sold out. Would you keep the bag knowing it was not 'perfect'?

Thanks...

Hello!
If the imperfections are as minor as you're saying, I would definitely keep it, especially because it's an item that's hard to find. I have previously bought some display bags (one of my favorite bags, my Speedy B 25 in mono, even had some patina on it, as well as a scratch on the side leather band) and this doesn't bug me at all.

This is my first LV website order and I was always under the assumption that their bags came direct from their warehouse but when my bag arrived today, it was undoubtedly a display model from one of their stores. None of the metal hardware except for the lock had plastic protectors and the bottom studs had light wear (very light scratches). The vachetta also had a miniscule dot sized scratch. These imperfections are not noticeable unless you examine the bag up close.

The problem is - this is a very hard to get bag and I've gotten trouble getting a hold of it since it's always sold out. Would you keep the bag knowing it was not 'perfect'?

Thanks...
"Perfect" is entirely subjective and unfortunately because these bags are actually made by people, not machines, they'll all have 'flaws' of some sort. As for your bag it could very well be brand new and the marks came from the manufacturing process - the lack of plastic film on the hardware doesn't always mean much since SA's often remove it - or it could even be a return. I'd personally just keep it and wear it in good health if the imperfections are so small that you're one step shy of using a magnifying glass to see them;)

What bag is it?

Cluny BB - it is never available where I am from and I've only seen 1 thus far at the local store - but it was in worse shape than the one sent to me.

Hello!
If the imperfections are as minor as you're saying, I would definitely keep it, especially because it's an item that's hard to find. I have previously bought some display bags (one of my favorite bags, my Speedy B 25 in mono, even had some patina on it, as well as a scratch on the side leather band) and this doesn't bug me at all.

Thank you - I'm debating on it. I generally do not buy display items due to some bad experiences - I've bought several on display items from Chanel in the past that turned out to be duds (beads falling out, hidden scratches). I'm sure my experiences are uncommon but I tend to avoid display items at all costs.

I'd keep it because even a brand new bag will eventually end up with blemishes, most likely the same ones you have.

That's what I'm afraid of lol. That the replacement will be even worse since they are limited it seems.

"Perfect" is entirely subjective and unfortunately because these bags are actually made by people, not machines, they'll all have 'flaws' of some sort. As for your bag it could very well be brand new and the marks came from the manufacturing process - the lack of plastic film on the hardware doesn't always mean much since SA's often remove it - or it could even be a return. I'd personally just keep it and wear it in good health if the imperfections are so small that you're one step shy of using a magnifying glass to see them;)

Thanks very much for your input. The marks are definitely not from a manufacturing process because I've owned several LV purses and can normally judge whether they are from wear or just a plating defect. These ones are definitely from wear. I think that is what bothers me the most - that this potentially could as well be a return.

Depends on how much it bothers you. If it's not noticeable and you can tolerate it, keep it. Otherwise how else will you find another?!?! Unless you try to order again but like you said it's hard to find!!!

Thanks...
Just look at your shipping label and it will tell you whether the bag was shipped from the warehouse or from a store.

Reactions: LemonDrop
If you can live with the little blemishes, then keep it. If they'll really bother you then send it back. I don't think this is any kind of LE bag (just maybe popular??), so I would think you'd be able to get another.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm OCD so I ended sending it back for an exchange, but there is a weird ending to this story...

The bag arrived today and IT IS THE EXACT SAME ONE since I took note of the minor flaws. Since I cannot get rid of it, then I'll just accept that this particular bag is meant to be with me lol.

Here's a pic of my Cluny BB. Slightly disappointed with LV but it is understandable because they have limited inventory of this bag right now. Thanks for letting me share :smile:cluny.jpg

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm OCD so I ended sending it back for an exchange, but there is a weird ending to this story...

The bag arrived today and IT IS THE EXACT SAME ONE since I took note of the minor flaws. Since I cannot get rid of it, then I'll just accept that this particular bag is meant to be with me lol.

Here's a pic of my Cluny BB. Slightly disappointed with LV but it is understandable because they have limited inventory of this bag right now. Thanks for letting me share :smile:View attachment 3598375
Not as expensive, but this happened to me with Nike sneakers. I bought a pair that appeared to have been tryed on multiple times. I went back to exchange the shoes and then received THE EXACT SAME PAIR again. I asked for a refund and moved on.