Hard to find a Speedy made in France?

I just purchased a damier ebene speedy 35 during my trip to las vegas last week. I bought it at fashion show mall on the strip as i was shopping and sort of made a beeline to LV when i saw it in the mall. it was a rather small store, hardly any items on display. i asked the sales associate if she had the ebene speedy 35 in stock since it wasn't on display. she pulled a few out for me to examine. i asked her if she had any made in france and she said no; it would be short of a miracle if i found one since most speedies that are distributed in the usa are made in the usa. i said ok and purchased the bag. i later started to contemplate if whether or not what she said was true. she didn't have a great attitude and didn't even wrap it up in a box!! i let it go since i didn't want to lug the box back home on the plane anyway.

is it really that hard to find a speedy made in the france? do you think if i checked another store (vegas has at least 5 LVs) i would have found one?

I don't think it's hard to find a speedy made in france. I purchased both my speedies 30 in the usa and I didn't really care where they were made and both are made in France. not that it will make a difference if they were made in the usa. it's still louis. maybe it's different with the size 35. maybe it's more difficult to find speedy made in france in 35. If you really want one that is made in France call different stores you might find one and return the one you got.

i sort of care that my pieces are made in the country they're from. the heat stamp on my speedy says made in the usa which i just don't like. i feel like it DOES matter where the bag is made...it's a French brand, i want one from France.

i can't return it since i don'T have a near by store. oh well, the next time i buy i'll make sure i get what i want!

Yikes, I'm sorry you had to deal with an SA like that. It really ruins the joy of the purchase. Once I returned a bag just because the SA was so rude and the bag just reminded me of the woman. So, you could go to another boutique and see if you can find someone nicer to help you out. GL!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Also, my damier speedy is made in France so it's definitely possible.

that's what i thought! i can't believe i let her talk me into believing it was impossible!!! when did you buy your speedy? so sad, i can't return my bag since i don't live near a boutique. it's okay, i'll get over it:shucks: thanks!

my damier speedy is made in usa lol, I just checked it now. my azur is the one made in France. I thought both were made in France. they had one on display that was made in France and then I asked for a new one. that's why i thought it was made in france too. and because I didn't care I never noticed.

I understand that some people want their purses to be made in France because this is where louis vuitton purses are originally from. the thought that your purse was handmade somewhere in France makes it special. but don't let this make you sad. enjoy your purse and like you said next time make sure the store has one that is made in France before you get it.

I bought my speedy in December 2009 in the US. Gosh I'm sorry about that but truth be told, USA made is good and I would be happy with it. Enjoy your bag! And I hope you can forget the bad bits...:biggrin::biggrin:

Most speedy bags are made in the US which are sold here, but there are made in France ones to be found. Its probably like 80% US 20% France. I have been lucky with a few of mine and got France. Actually, the last one I got the Damier 30 was made in France and there was a scar on the handle and the factory had attempted covering it up, I took it back to the store (since it had been shipped to me) and she had only one more made in France and the zipper would not close all the way!!! So I ended up picking a perfect one made in US. So sometimes its best to have a perfect one rather than have one from a particular factory.

my monogram speedy 35 i just got today from ebay is made in the usa. at 1st i cared and wanted a france made one but all the ones listed were too light in patina like white or dirty and damaged. the one i got is practically perfect! very nice light gold. had it authenticated and only paid $245! so i dont care who made it lol.

Most of the Australian stock is made in France... all my bags/accessories are French-made. Personally I don't care, all I care about is getting a well made, high-quality bag :shrugs:

Enjoy your bag :smile:

You won't find a made in France in the US very often because 99% of the things sold in the US are made in the US. But you can ask your SA to get you one if you ask and have a good relationship with her/him.

Btw, you will only get a box if you ask for one.

My mono speedy is made in France, and my azur speedy is made in USA.
Of course, my mono speedy has crooked canvas, and my azur speedy has a lopsided handle patch- so I don't think that it really matters where it was made! lol

I may be wrong but I don't think it is as easy as people think to get a speedy made in France. I live in southern CA (san diego) and all the boutiques I have called/visited (in the SD area) said they don't have any speedy's Made In France. One SA's was trying to convince made here or in France they are all the same but I don't really buy that. If I am going to pay that much money I want it to be MIF, at least for my first LV, which this will be. Another stupid SA's even told me if I wanted a Speedy MIF I would need to go to France. Well luckily for me I may be going to Paris this summer with my dad :yahoo: and if I go I will be getting my Damier Ebene speedy as well as a couple of accessories from Paris.

I've been told that most canvas items are made in USA if you're purchasing in North America, as it's 'cheaper' with the shipping costs, etc..
You're very lucky if you find a canvas item that is France made.

Suhali, Epi, Mahina will usually be made in France.