Hard times at Chanel?

tulipfield

O.G.
Dec 11, 2007
If you're on the Chanel mailing list you've probably noticed a decent uptick in the number of emails they are sending out. Today I even got one of those cookie-generated "hey we saw you looking at this item" e-mails with an invitation to "shop now" for the Chanel 19. Except of course, you can't really "shop now" because they still don't offer e-commerce for their rtw etc.

I know I've read in BoF and other places that naturally even Chanel is having difficulty in the current situation, though I have to say I wouldn't know it by looking at all the activity on tpf. Seems to me like e-commerce for all their merchandise would definitely be the way to go at this point. I really think all these e-mails imploring me to shop do more damage to their brand image than offering e-commerce. Do you guys think they will give up and let us shop online?

I was saying the exact same thing to DH. They have been emailing me with a vengeance. Shame I am not that interested though.

At present I think they are still very much holding out on selling online. No idea why though as all the high end brands sell on line.

How can one shopping online (uk) when the prices are not there? Even if I do see anything I like and not knowing if that’s within my budget, would be reluctant going to boutique cos I would feel awkward asking SA for the price or looking at the price tag hidden inside the bag. Maybe Chanel thinks their customers are all super rich!

How can one shopping online (uk) when the prices are not there? Even if I do see anything I like and not knowing if that’s within my budget, would be reluctant going to boutique cos I would feel awkward asking SA for the price or looking at the price tag hidden inside the bag. Maybe Chanel thinks their customers are all super rich!

That is truly annoying! All these luxury brands that have decided they want to grow and grow just like the Wal-Marts and Amazons of the world can't do it without selling outside the confines of the uber-rich, but they still like to pretend that their only customers are the ones for whom money is no object. :noworry:

I’ve read they are suffering during this pandemic. But..... it just took me two weeks of hard work on my part to finally make my purchase. I should have given up, but I persevered. Their communication was almost non existent especially amongst the stores. I understand many of them are actually working part of the time from home. But even as I was making my purchase I inquired about another bag and that request/interest was never even acknowledged. A sale that could have been even larger.

Reactions: tulipfield
I’ve read they are suffering during this pandemic. But..... it just took me two weeks of hard work on my part to finally make my purchase. I should have given up, but I persevered. Their communication was almost non existent especially amongst the stores. I understand many of them are actually working part of the time from home. But even as I was making my purchase I inquired about another bag and that request/interest was never even acknowledged. A sale that could have been even larger.

I recently bought a pair of shoes from this spring’s collection on ebay. I had tried through the boutique but they said it was unavailable. At first I thought, well, naturally they’re sold out, it’s late in the season. But then I thought, shouldn’t they have more stock than usual given the decline in sales? I did find the shoes for a discount which tells me the demand can’t be that high. Maybe communication is just broken down if they’re all running on skeleton crews.

Reactions: Shoppingalways
It was very hard to break through the fashion advisor. Inventory would be there. Then it wouldn’t be. They told me my bag wasn’t available. But I continued to call and finally got to make my purchase today. Many are working from home. Today I actually got a text from a store and they had the bag I wanted even though yesterday they said they didn’t and another person had told me it was damaged. So. Keep trying everyone. It’s a full time job. I wanted some information about a new woc from the metiers collection. Different stories with that too. I’ve heard they weren’t available in the U.S. yet and yet I’ve seen they are. I hope we are all back to normal soon. Such hard times! I shouldn’t complain.

As soon as it opened for walk ins, 57th st was busy enough to have to wait for your SA to come down and fetch you from the vestibule. Dior, miu miu next door seemed emptym as were balenciaga, Mont Blanc and others around the corner. I went a few different times during the week. I a, getting targeted SA emails based on things i was considering.

Reactions: tulipfield