Hard Croco leather Susceptible to Permanent Bulges and Dents?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a genuine crocodile bag that has a bulge and cave-in on the back from materials placed inside the bag (no cracks, just imprints). Now, it's not a big deal to me, but I am still wondering if it's possible to fix that so that it becomes smooth again. I've tried putting a lot of pressure w/ my bare hands and the floor to straigten it out, but no really any luck. Are there any other ways? If not, how about at a shop to fix it; how would they do it if they could and how much would it cost?

2. I think some leathers can get ironed (heat treated) to get back in shape, my mother sent to iron a jacket once. I 'm not sure if it will work with croc skin. You can ask your local cobler (coblers know this kind of stuff), or dry cleaners.
    My croc purse is incredibly resistant to any kind of abuse. I think it's nuclear proof as well.

3. Hmmm...thanks! Yeah, crocodile leather is so thick and hard, but I'll see if I can get a cobbler if not try ironing myself.

4. Try low temperature iron, and cover both sides of the leather with a thick soft cloth (like 2-3 cotton Tshirts) if you try to do it yourself.