Happy returns to the Shopping Haven

There was a grand fireworks display the 2nd day after new year's, but since we went to the designer outlet shops at CityGate Mall (near the airport, that houses brands such as Lanvin, Ralph Lauren, Seven, Kent&Curwen, Calvin Klein, Nike, Puma, Sony and soon to open A/X, among others)..we missed it! This was the scene that greeted us..a crowded Nathan Road without fireworks. Reminded me of the time 8 years ago when the airline refused to check my friend and I in because we arrived barely 45 minutes before the flight because we went shopping :shame:

Attachments

• Fireworks Nathan.JPG
    Fireworks Nathan.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 46
Good thing there's more food to look forward to.:yahoo:

Dinner was at one of the places made famous by their roast goose, crispy pork belly and barbeque pork. Diet? What diet? The plum sauce on the crispy skin was just heavenly.

Attachments

• Roast Goose.JPG
    Roast Goose.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Plum Sauce.JPG
    Plum Sauce.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 52
  • BBQ Pork.JPG
    BBQ Pork.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Crispy Pork Belly.JPG
    Crispy Pork Belly.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Glutinous Rice.JPG
    Glutinous Rice.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 41
Finally, Saturday rolled around! I was so excited to go to BV Landmark.

I straightaway looked for the animal coin purses, but sadly I was informed by the SA they only have the ladybug in either black or brown. Oh no.

I asked about the flap clutch/items in ottone, and they don't have it either.
ouija_board – I remembered asking you about the ottone flap clutch in BV Las Vegas, hoping so much that it would be available in HK. It seems that US and UK have ottone items, but not HK or Manila, not sure about the rest of Asia..

The club stripe cosmetic case in black/blue/white/brown/green is also not available, but they do have that design in the French flap wallet. I wonder, will they take an SO for this color combination in a bag, like a Montaigne maybe??

I was feeling kind of disappointed, and decided to go run an errand for MIL at the Hermes Galleria next door. I was really just minding my own business, but the SA was quite friendly and started showing me more scarves. Oh dear. Something caught my eye.

I saw a number of scarves, which didn’t move me, but this just took my breath away. It was a lovely work of art, the flora and fauna depicted was just amazing and it came in the turquoise colorway, a color that I like very much.

Attachments

• Scarf 2.JPG
    Scarf 2.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Scarf 1.JPG
    Scarf 1.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 40
I learned that the design is called “Au Coeur de la Vie” or the heart of life, part of the designs released last year (SS07). Hmmm, maybe I should frame this?

Attachments

• Scarf 3.JPG
    Scarf 3.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Scarf 4.JPG
    Scarf 4.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Scarf 5.JPG
    Scarf 5.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 44
  • Scarf 6.JPG
    Scarf 6.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 45
And so it was that the day ended quite well. Never mind that it was freezing (10 degrees Celsius, very cold for me) I ordered the ice cream with crushed berries which I am pretty sure was calling out to me. So did the Royce chocolates. After dessert, it was time to have something salty to balance out the sweetness. What better way but to indulge in a bag of our favorite pizza chips (oh my, look at the melted cheese in between the ridges) while catching some late night TV? Not a healthy habit, but DH said we’re on holiday, so..

We were headed for Macau the next day, unfortunately there are no BV shops open there yet. But good thing again, friends say the egg tarts, milk custard, pork chop bun and grilled sardines are simply :drool:

Attachments

• Desserts.JPG
    Desserts.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Ice Cream.JPG
    Ice Cream.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Pizza Chip.JPG
    Pizza Chip.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 42
uclaboi, VKD, spendalot, kopibaby, Eugin - thank you for your kind words :flowers:

hovercraftier – I’m still on cloud 9, just so happy that the bag is so beautiful yet functional. DH is a practical shopper and will be very thankful to see the bag being used (and loved) many times over.

Thank you all again for letting me share another BV adventure :flowers:

Sum- HK sounds like paradise to me! Look at all the delicious food and the goodies. The H scarf is breathtaking!!!

And look at the elaborate costumes at the parade, that must have been fun.