Happy ending for my My defected Raisin Birkin and how I love Hermes even more...

luvpurse

H fever!!!
O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
Hi there,

I would like to share with you the story about my defected Raisin Birkin and how it has a happy ending:heart:...

My story begins when I shared with you how I managed to place my order at FSH on July'08, http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/omg-i-just-got-letter-hermes-paris-very-350848.html. And how I went to Paris to pick up my bag on Oct'08, http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/its-cold-paris-but-raisin-keeps-me-warm-365750.html.

Right before I left Paris, I realized that my Birkin might be defected. I noticed that there were too much lining inside and it created the wrinkle inside the bag. However, the store was closed on Sunday and I actually didn't want to take the bag back since I was afriad Paris might not have the extra one and I had to fly back to pick up another bag god-know-when.

So right after I got back, I took the bag in for craftwoman to take a look. She agreed that it looked weird and this might be a defect bag. She suspected that the craftman might cut the lining too big and when they finished sewing and reverse the bag, it created the wrinkle inside.

She told me she needed to send the bag back to Paris and I had to wait for up to 6 months. I was fine with it since at least I know I won't have to pay extra money (either fly to Paris or pay for custom).

The lady who corresponds with Paris told me there is a certain procedure in getting the bag repair/inspect. All the bags in US will be consolidated in NYC before shipping to Paris. Once in Paris, the bags will be routed to appropriate department. These steps take about 2 months. Every stop and status update are recored in the computer. By month 2, Paris should be able to tell you if they will replace or repair the bag.

In my case, Paris hasn't responded to my case until month 3. The correspodent lady is so so so gracious and super responsive. She helped me in every way she can to get me the bag as soon as possible. At the end, Paris decided to do the replacement. Then it's a matter of how fast they can get me the replacement. My store knows that there will be Raisin Birkin coming in. In stead of having me waiting for my replacement, they graciously give me their inventory (so I can get the bag sooner) and they, in turn, will wait for my replacement.

So today, I went to pick up my bag which was still in shrink wrap. The only thing is right after I opened the box, I realized right away that the bag is in clemence. My original bag is in togo... Anyhow, I decided to take it as I don't know how much longer I need to wait if I want the togo one. Clemence is softer and lusher. Deep purple is so beautiful.

Anyhow, what a long story.... I hope it makes sense to you guy. Hope you find the info useful somehow. I have been fortunate to always receive world class service from Hermes. From this incident, I feel that Hermes might not be able to respond to customers' need/demend right away because they have certain procedure to follow. However, in my case, they try their best to accomodate me and get all the issue resolve as soon as they can.

This is why I :heart::heart::heart: Hermes... :P:P:P

Last edited:
I guess the story has to end with the reveal... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Attachments

• IMG_6524 edit P.jpg
    IMG_6524 edit P.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_6533 P.jpg
    IMG_6533 P.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,611
  • IMG_6529 P.jpg
    IMG_6529 P.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,735
  • IMG_6535 P.jpg
    IMG_6535 P.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_6536 edit P.jpg
    IMG_6536 edit P.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,917
My 2 favorite colors!!!

My dream bag would be a bi-color using THOSE colors!!! OMGosh!

Lucky, lucky woman!!!

I have a raisin Lindy and I want a Lindy in THAT green color. Is it vert anis? Olive? I can't tell...

My 2 favorite colors!!!

My dream bag would be a bi-color using THOSE colors!!! OMGosh!

Lucky, lucky woman!!!

I have a raisin Lindy and I want a Lindy in THAT green color. Is it vert anis? Olive? I can't tell...

Thank you... The green bag is called Chartreuse... I love the color... It isn't too bring or too dark.... :yes::yes:

Thank you, Kallie Girl, Suzie, Sammyjoe, Samaire, may3545

I love happy endings ....

Great bags you have! And you look fab.

attachment.php