Happy early birthday to me - Anna Corinna Mid City and Gryson Olivia!

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I decided to treat myself to two handbags for my birthday this year. They came a bit early, and I wanted to share them with everyone. I got really great deals on both bags, so I'm especially thrilled!

First, the AC Mid City...I have to say, it is definitely the BEST AC City size! It's really PERFECT. I've owned both the Mini and regular City totes, and like many tPFers, found both to be inadequate. Unfortunately, I've sold both so I don't have a side-by-side size comparison, but I have pictures of myself carrying the mini. I think the Mid City is very similar in size to my YSL tote, but much flatter. I ordered the tote from Luna Boston - and the funny thing is, it came wrapped really nicely (like they somehow knew it was for my birthday) and with a free gift - really lovely soap.

First set of pictures coming up...first two are of me with the Mini...the last three are of the Mid City.

Attachments

• Picture 418.jpg
    Picture 418.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 458
  • Picture 419.jpg
    Picture 419.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 399
  • Picture 427.jpg
    Picture 427.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 278
  • Picture 430.jpg
    Picture 430.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Picture 431.jpg
    Picture 431.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 336
First two are of the Mid City...last few are the Gryson Olivia...

And, I ordered the Olivia through the half yearly sale at Nordstrom. I owned the Skye, but thought it was too small, and sold it earlier this year. The Olivia is actually pretty large, and heavy, but I really love it. It's a really luxurious bag, and the fact that it was on sale for half off was too tempting to pass up.

I've shown pictures of the bags with my Longchamp pochette (which has my LV personal agenda, phone, blackberry, coin purse, keys, and lip gloss), hardback book, and umbrella.

Attachments

• Picture 436.jpg
    Picture 436.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Picture 434.jpg
    Picture 434.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Picture 429.jpg
    Picture 429.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture 428.jpg
    Picture 428.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 432.jpg
    Picture 432.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 250
Oh, I also think that the Mid City is similar in size to the Balenciaga Day...and, sorry for the spotted mirror.

For reference, I am 5'3" and around 112 pounds.

Attachments

• Picture 433.jpg
    Picture 433.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 223
First two are of the Mid City...last few are the Gryson Olivia...

And, I ordered the Olivia through the half yearly sale at Nordstrom. I owned the Skye, but thought it was too small, and sold it earlier this year. The Olivia is actually pretty large, and heavy, but I really love it. It's a really luxurious bag, and the fact that it was on sale for half off was too tempting to pass up.

I've shown pictures of the bags with my Longchamp pochette (which has my LV personal agenda, phone, blackberry, coin purse, keys, and lip gloss), hardback book, and umbrella.

Gorgeous! I have the Olivia in mushroom and have been carrying it every day since I got it. I sold my Skye because I thought it was too small as well. I love the Olivia!

Thank you so much for posting the pics. I am so undecided what to do because I have 2 mini cities which I love and just got the moni moni splendor because it seemed ridiculous to get yet ANOTHER city tote (mid size). But now I am thinking about returning the moni and getting the mid city after all.....Yikes, I CAN'T DECIDE!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I also got the Olivia at Nordies half yearly sale (brown w black trim). I'm quite happy with it. I made the longer straps as short as they would go and use them when I want to carry the bag on my shoulder. It feels surprisingly light that way. Looks-wise I'd probably prefer to use the braided handle (as I think you did in your pic) on my shoulder, but the longer one is more comfortable. Down side of that is those longer straps get in the way sometimes of getting into the bag. But other than that I'm finding it quite functional. I keep my cell phone in the outside pocket with keys and it's quite convenient. Your plain brown is beautiful. I only saw plain black and brown/black combo. Also saw Skye but looked to small for me. Congrats on both your bags.

Happy Birthday! :flowers::wlae:

Love them BOTH on you. Mid is the perfect size for the AC. And Olivia seriously has my :heart:. I have two from the Nordstrom sale and was going to return the white but now cannot bear to part with it! :graucho: