Happy Chinese New Year!

Yay, I'm celebrating it this weekend with relatives coming over. That means more "red bags" for me!! Yay!! Happy Chinese New Years to everyone out there!! Cheers!

hey!

thanks for letting me know! im so out of touch with chinese culture these days!

i hope everyone has a good time... fingerscrossed you get lots of little red envelopes!!!! :amuse:

ayla said:
I can't wait for my red pockets.. but isn't Chinese New Year on the 29th this year ? Maybe I'm just confused !

It is on the 29th this year...only a few more days away. I too am hoping to collect "red bags" towards more "handbags". Hehe.

Ah, I haven't been getting any red little bags for the past 5 years but that's okay! I'm away from my family (they're all in the Philippines) and I'm not close to the relatives that are here but my BF always manages to get me some Chinese treats for Chinese New Year (and for the Moon Festival!).

Edit: I forgot when the Moon Festival is but I love those mooncakes!

jc2239 said:
i'm not chinese but bf is and his mother always gives me a little red envelope........going toward jen's bag fund :smile:

Hee.. that's why Chinese New Year's gift giving is the best, it's not overly commercial cause you only get what you really want and is always useful.. e.g. cold hard cash !!! :lol: