Happiness comes in all shapes and sizes!!

Mid-

silent = listen
O.G.
Mar 18, 2007
I’m not broke yet:P, but as happy as any BV lovers with a newly acquired BV piece. And this is so special to me. I got my turtle!!!

Many many thanks to BookerMoose for her heads-up and sweet enabling, and also to jburgh, boxermom, and C_24 for answering my questions!! I don’t do auctions much at all and it was quite exciting! I put in my last bid thirty seconds before it ended, and am happy to report that I won it for less than BIN and the original retail.

So here he is, my pet turtle, Brownie!
attachment.php

My ten year old adores it too and said, “You gotta name him Brownie, I know he is not brownie but he is Brownie!!” ~ How can I argue with the logic like this, right?

What do I use him for? I pet him!! His back is so nice and smooth and stuffed that I can’t help running my fingers across him.

One thing though, is that he has a few scratches on his tummy that are more significant than the seller claimed imo. I’m not going back to the seller or anything but would love to hear your advice on what I could do to somehow diminish them. They are rather deep scratches and look white. Taking it to the BV would be the best I know, but would appreciate your opinions as well.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me share my happiness!!:flowers:

Attachments

• BV turtle front.jpg
    BV turtle front.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 267
  • BV turtle top.jpg
    BV turtle top.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 66
  • BV turtle belly.jpg
    BV turtle belly.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 75
How friggin cute!!! :love: I want to scratch its belly! Try appleguard lotion or LMB (Lovinmybags) handbag conditioner .. and its should decrease the scratches. hahaha t:huh: cute MID~!!! cOngrats:tup:

It is great to meet Brownie - and glad I could play a role in his finding a home with you!!

My first reaction to fixing the belly scratches was what I always used to do with my cheap leather goods (before I discovered BV last fall...) - which was find a Sharpie in a matching colour!!! Obviously I now need to find a better technique and until I do I don't have any advice for you!