Handstiched bags?

SHHMOM

Feb 13, 2013
USA
What handbag brands hand-stick their bags?

So far I have found;
Hermes
jw hulme

Who else?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

ladysarah

O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
ladysarahinlondon
I don't necessarily think that hand stitched is better. Obviously hermes does this well, but the cost is prohibitive and there is a lot to said about progress...and machinery. Having said that I love small production lines, where one or two craftsmen are responsible for the finished product and can take pride in what they do. Most places like that wouldn't be Well known brand names, as the marketing costs and all the paraphernalia would be high, not that the quality isn't there.

Feb 26, 2014
Home Sweet Home
When I was in Dubai way back 2006, I have this vague recollection of a TOD'S (temporary) kiosk in Burjuman Mall showcasing bags being handstitched. Since I was not into this whole bag addition when I was younger, I didn't really pay too much attention to it, I just passed by, so I don't know if a whole bag was being handstitched or just a few parts of it. But I'm pretty sure I saw craftsmen with needles and thread :smile:

Mariapia

Feb 21, 2012
France
When I was in Dubai way back 2006, I have this vague recollection of a TOD'S (temporary) kiosk in Burjuman Mall showcasing bags being handstitched. Since I was not into this whole bag addition when I was younger, I didn't really pay too much attention to it, I just passed by, so I don't know if a whole bag was being handstitched or just a few parts of it. But I'm pretty sure I saw craftsmen with needles and thread :smile:

Funny what you say LVintage_LVoe.... I often go to Dubaï, am a fan of the Burjuman Mall and I remember the Tod's kiosk... Like you, I just passed by......shame on me!

Feb 26, 2014
Home Sweet Home
Funny what you say LVintage_LVoe.... I often go to Dubaï, am a fan of the Burjuman Mall and I remember the Tod's kiosk... Like you, I just passed by......shame on me!
Really?? We could've been in one place at the same time! Burjuman was just a walking distance from my office. Designer bags didn't appeal to me back then. I didn't even bother entering the LV store there. I was more of a tech junkie. I cared more for celphones than quality bags. Shame on me too, lol!!! 😜