Handles wrinkling?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I Have a Damier Ebene Speedy 30 and the handles are starting to wrinkle underneath. I have only carried the bag a handful of times is this something that will get worse over time?

Attached Files:

2. How old is the bag? Can you show pics of what you're seeing (use the macro setting)?

3. I purchased this bag around last October I believe. Here is a few pics.

Attached Files:

4. Mine were like that when i purchased it in 2011 and they are still the same, no ripping or any other wear to them. Look just the same as when i purchased them.

pjhm and Carrieshaver like this.
  5. Looks normal to me!

pjhm, lovingmybags, Hotsauna and 2 others like this.
  6. Totally normal.

7. Mines much worse looking. Was like that when I bought it new. Had it for nearly 2 years now. Hasnt got worse or anything. I don't give it a 2nd thought really and hasn't stop me enjoying the bag. To be honest the wrinkling has helped with the grip, as I get sweaty palms. I guess it's hard for them to get it entirely smooth cos of the curvature of the handles and brown damier leather used on handles being a bit more stiffer and less pliable.

pjhm and Madrye28 like this.
  8. #8 Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Yes, just normal. Carrying causes some pressure to the handle, so of course you'll see some minor indentations.

9. This is normal and I've had them brand new with that and expect it due to the shape having to bend around

pjhm likes this.
  10. Same on my mono delightful even

11. Agree with everyone else...this is normal.

pjhm likes this.
  12. Absolutely normal, my Alma is the same from day one to now (4 years).

pjhm likes this.
  13. My DE Speedy B 35 from 2012 handles do not look like this. However, my Speedy 30 WT was shipped to me last week with dry, cracked handles that felt like snakeskin. I returned it and am now waiting on a new Speedy 30 WT. My CA received another Speedy 30 WT this week and she said the handles were normal (not like mine). Sigh!!! SMH!!!

14. My DE Speedy B straps wrinkled too, it was purchased last July 2016 :sad:

pjhm likes this.
  15. My DE Speedy B 35 from 2012 does not have any wrinkles in the strap or handles. Thank goodness!!