Handles on the Op Art Sabrina in Melon

darkeyes_317

Jan 5, 2009
New Orleans, LA
Hey everyone,

I hope I don't sound silly for asking this. I asked this on one of the reveal posts, but it's a few pages back and I don't know if the original poster will see it or not, so I thought I'd post a new thread to try to get an answer.

On the Coach website, the Op Art Sabrina in melon looks like it has melon/pink colored handles. However, in all other pictures I've seen (non-Coach website pictures), the handles look red. I've seen it at the Coach boutique, but I was worried about another bag at the time so I didn't really pay attention. Can anyone confirm the color of the handles on the Op Art melon Sabrina?

Thanks!

Aug 14, 2006
Canada
I have that bag and the handles are a dark melonish-pinkish-red. It seems to be really hard to get a good picture of the actual colour. I'd say that they're not quite red, but more of a dark orangy pinkish red, if that makes sense at all! In person I think they look a lot nicer than they do in pictures, I don't know why they turn out so weird looking in the pictures!

Is there any way that you could take a look at the bag in person?

Trying for better pics...

I took this one with my cell phone and the handles look a bit more normal in it:

darkeyes_317

Jan 5, 2009
New Orleans, LA
Thank you so much! I'm going to be making a trip to the boutique this weekend, I just had that burning question and I couldn't wait a few more days to see for myself. I'm glad they're not red-red, but it does look different than on the Coach site where it looks the exact same color as the leather it's attached to.

Aug 14, 2006
Canada
It's definitely not the same colour as the leather, plus the handles are patent. The shoulder strap matches the leather though. Weird, I never noticed that before!

redgirl3

O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
I saw this color in Dillards and fell in love. It looks much better in person than on the website.

edanna

~*One Wild Night*~
Apr 29, 2008
Definitely my favorite Op Art color!! I wish they made this color in leather too, it would be so pretty!