Handles much lighter in color than body of bag?

umimaddicted

To Bal bags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
I want to buy a bag online and it is lovely but the strap is about 35% lighter than the rest of the bag. Has anyone ever bought a bag that is said to be new like this? I have looked all over the forum for something in this discussion and haven't yet found anything discussing it so I am hoping someone might be able to help me understand how this can be. Thank you so much.

BNY sent my Mom a sandstone with almost no color on the handles, she sent it back. I later saw one on ebay and wondered if it was the same one or there were several like that. I consider that a flaw and would return it.

I have a bag like this. Not sure about 35% but the handle is lighter than the bag. It doesn't bother me too much since I know the handle will darken.

What colour and season is the bag you are you looking at? Do you have a photo you could share?

I can't remember if my Anthra Day GGH had a lighter handle when it was new, but it sure does now - maybe it lightens because it stretches or gets hit with direct sunlight when it on our shoulder?

The handles on my sienna city are a shade lighter than the rest of the bag. It doesn't really bother me though because I figure that the handles are going to darken with use anyways :yes:

Thank you all for your comments. I am going after her then. She needs a new home. I didn't mention yet that she is a never been carried blueberry day bag. I am thinking she is worth taking the chance. What do you think?
:P

My sahara silver giant hobo has a handle that's lighter, and I nearly sent it back because of that, but I loved the leather on the actual bag, so decided to keep it.

haha... i took the plunge and got another city =X

this time it is french blue! the color is very nice... but i noticed the handles are waaay lighter than the rest of the bag. is that normal (i read through some of the thread about blues fading) for french blue? it almost looks as if the color was bleached out by the sun or something. even the texture of the leather is different, almost 'worn' feeling.

however, i guess all handles darken with use, so it really shouldn't be a problem?

Congrats on your city. Some bags do have lighter handles, I have seen it on pics posted here. I think it would be considered a defect, and you can return it if you like. If it doesn't bother you, keep it!

Can you post photos? Was this a pre-owned bag? I wonder if the previous owner over "cleaned" the handles if they had started to warm?

I know that FB did have some fading issues - but it seems odd that it would be just on one part of the bag!