Handle replacement by Mulberry / Mulberry repairs

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
The handles on my choc jacquetta have been worn smooth and darkened with wear so i'm contemplating getting them changed. Been quoted £70. Just wondering if those of you who have had work done by Mulberry ie new handles etc whether you were happy with the match of the leather. I'm worried if it comes back with mismatched handles that might actually bug me more!!!!:nuts: Also can they re-use the original hardware/ studs or would they have to use new ones? Anyone know?

What's been your experience??????

Thanks!

Hi Jo
I had the handles on my ginger Rosie replaced in error - they went ahead with the job without my instruction . I had asked for their opinion in advance because I was concerned about the difference in the leather matching. In the end I had no choice - but I am delighted with the transformation I must say. They returned the old handles along with the cut through rivets - so I am guessing that they couldn't use the old ones ? My Rosie handles were really grotty and wound me up a lot - and now I love her !
I wouldn't hesitate on having others replaced in the future.

It is a difficult decision though.

Im guessing that they would replace your choc darwin handles with choc NVT - but should get a good colour match.

I think the toughter problem is the rivets........are your original bronze? I think it was Teddies who asked about bronze replacements and was advised they didnt have bronze anymore...........cant recall though if that included rivets?

Sorry - no help at all!

That's a good price :tup: Having read that, I'm thinking that if I pick up a Roxanne at some point, perhaps they'd be able to put extra long handles on for me? :yahoo:

Did you look at DocRide's thread in the Hermes subforum? I tried using the clay on handles trick for my bayswater (kid's greasy fingers) with great success.

Im guessing that they would replace your choc darwin handles with choc NVT - but should get a good colour match.

I think the toughter problem is the rivets........are your original bronze? I think it was Teddies who asked about bronze replacements and was advised they didnt have bronze anymore...........cant recall though if that included rivets?

Sorry - no help at all!

Yes they are old bronze rivets. The bag is from 2004. You'd think Mulberry would have a few drawers of old rivets etc just for repairs ! I suppose all i can do is send it in and see what they say!

well when Mr rockley when he had a new strap that was a little diffrent from the old one but that was in such a state i was not that bothered he was restiched in 3 places which i was told they would remove the whole length of where the stiching broke so there would be no overstich ( this was not the case on return) also the old strap never came back. i was a bit disapointed but i did get a free cloth saver bag