Handle repair is it possible

You could try emailing pics to Lovin My Bags and/or Rago Brothers for estimates. I’m sure that other members can list a few others.

Reactions: reneeluvscoach
Hi pennycal, did you ever get yours fixed? I've got a small tear on mine and just wondering how yours ended up going.

Hi There

In the end I have put twillys on the handles to prevent further damage you can't really notice it when I use it without it and given the second hand price I paid I couldn't justify the repair even the bag place said it wasn't worth it.

Here it is with a couple of others was trying to pian an outfit lol

Attachments

• FB96680B-BFB4-455B-8A64-55CBAF06C16E.jpeg
    FB96680B-BFB4-455B-8A64-55CBAF06C16E.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 27
  • Love
Reactions: andral5
Hi There

In the end I have put twillys on the handles to prevent further damage you can't really notice it when I use it without it and given the second hand price I paid I couldn't justify the repair even the bag place said it wasn't worth it.

It looks cute with the twillys! I'll try that too depending on what the leather repair shop quotes me tomorrow. The body of my bag looks good it's just the handles that are rough. Mine also have a strange sticky texture but I'm scared to use any sort of cleaner on it

Reactions: Pennycal
Hi There

I have a bunch of twillys and use them even on bags with perfect handles, as a color accent. Haven’t tried any with my Bbags yet but I should. Yours looks gorgeous!

Reactions: Pennycal
Well I just got back from the leather repair shop. The guy said there is nothing he could do for the handles besides replace them completely, but he wasn't sure about working with the giant hardware. I appreciate that he was honest with me and didn't take on a job he didn't think he could do but not sure if I still want to try to get them repaired through a send-away service or just live with them. I'm still waiting on a quote from LMB and Rago Brothers. Got an absolutely astronomical one from Handbag Clinic and a more reasonable one from Handbag Spa but both of those are UK based and I would prefer not to have to ship things internationally

I repaired ripped leather on a handle with Tear Mender leather glue on one of my cities. And on another I filled in a hole and fixed the handle glazing by doing a color matching leather repair with a product called Coconix Vinyl and Leather Repair.

I was reading old forum posts about people scrubbing handles with dish soap to remove the oil/hand lotion build up and that it brought the handles back to life. I’m scared to try it. Anyone have any before/after pics and stories they want to share?

Link to my repairs

The dish soap sounds scary, I wouldn't want to risk it. The leather on my bag's handles already feels thinned out, it's completely smooth. I will try the corn starch and maybe clay too that I saw some ppl suggesting on other threads. I'm thinking I should try to get as much oil out as I can before applying the coconix but not sure.

Link to my repairs

Oh whoops, I forgot the other thread is pics only so I think my reply was removed. I'm wondering if I should get some black paint (Angelus brand?) and paint over the handles if they're still sticky after letting them sit in the powders for a while. or maybe that's a dumb idea and any remaining oil will cause issues with the paint?